Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to add a user to HP ThinPro OS

Operating Systems

Old 12-02-2012

How to add a user to HP ThinPro OS

I am using the HP T5565 thin client which is running HP ThinPro OS. I would like to add some more users to it but don?t know how? I don?t wanna log in using the standard user account. I want to create different account and log in with that different account so that I can get the different workspace.

Old 12-02-2012

Re: How to add a user to HP ThinPro OS

As far as I know that it is designed only for one user. One more thing is the Thin client does not store any data on its own and so there will not be any risk. You can create connection with server without any credentials. You can create blank usernames and passwords. However if you want to get the different local user desktops, then you should get the windows based Thinclient.
Old 12-02-2012

I think that some way or another you can add the new user. As you know that the new user created will be in the Administrators group. The Default User profile has the matching UI restrictions as "User". First of all you need to log in as Administrator, load new user's NTUSER.DAT registry hive. There you need to remove each value from HKLU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer. When you are don?t, unload it.
Old 12-02-2012

There are lots of difference between the full version and the embedded version. Some features accessible on full version will not be available in embedded version. However using the Admin account you can access them all but it won?t be available for normal User. I think that you need to tweak into the registry to get some necessary things. But I am not sure about these things yet since no user tried to do so.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,