Thread: Speed up your PC without overclocking or upgrading

Speed up your PC without overclocking or upgrading

How to speed up PC?

It really looks like a newbie question. Some may answer quietly for this. You can say that I should overclock, upgrade, tweak, and install antivirus, registry cleaner, third party tools to improve performance. I know these all are common way to speed up the PC. I am thinking about improving my PC’s performance without overclocking or upgrading. Is there any way to do it?

Re: Speed up your PC without overclocking or upgrading

I have solution for this and for that you have to create a virtual RAMDisk. It is really what the name describes. It makes some part of system's RAM as storage. After creating virtual RAMDisk, I tried the CrystalDiskMark for benchmarking and I have noticed that it was really faster than SSD. But the drawback is you have to give up some space for RAM for this. With few GB of RAM you can actually get 3000+MB/s Read & Write speeds.

Have you tried the Windows Defragmenter?

In my experience I know that Defraging will dramatically increases performance and it simply achieved by putting back files. In your HDD, you will see that Files are packed neatly but in fact they are scattered all over the hard drive into different pieces. Defragger will allow you to put them back and arrange them in a proper order so that CPU can search for the files easily.

If you want increase the speed to any particular program like browser or something, then uninstall that from HDD and reinstall it again on the virtual RAM drive. Now you will notice that Browsing speeds will skyrocket, no matter what browser you use. However it won’t make any difference in video streaming. Like this way you can install any small, frequently used programs on virtual RAM drive in order to get 3000MB/s disk read/write speeds. This drive is not bootable.

In Windows OS, registry entries plays important role in terms of speed and performance. If there are any damaged Registry entries, those may cause system to slow down. So for that you need to a good Registry Cleaner. It helps you to clean the registries that were left behind. Registry Cleaner cleans any residual entries from uninstalled programs, infos, or damaged entries and thus allowing to increase the system reliability all together.

Good question. Have you tried Krojam Cleaner to speed up the pc? I have tried it and found it good.