Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cursor Fx suddenly stopped applying cursors

Operating Systems

Old 10-02-2012

Cursor Fx suddenly stopped applying cursors

I have found that the Cursor Fx has stopped applying cursors whereas the "Default" Windows Cursor is not being displayed, other than this I have also checked out the Task Mgr but then the program is not shown there as well, I have tried uninstalling from the Impulse and Revo Pro as well but then they have not helped, is there anyone who can help.

Old 10-02-2012

Re: Cursor Fx suddenly stopped applying cursors

Quote:
I have found that the Cursor Fx has stopped applying cursors whereas the "Default" Windows Cursor is not being displayed, other than this I have also checked out the Task Mgr but then the program is not shown there as well, I have tried uninstalling from the Impulse and Revo Pro as well but then they have not helped, is there anyone who can help.
I am not very sure but then I just wanted to know if you have downloaded a new cursor and so, I had faced the same with older cursors but then they were broken and uninstalling and then reinstalling the same and then rebooting the machine has helped me out, I think that the same should have helped you as well. If you are using Revo then make sure that you are setting it to moderate and let it remove everything which gets highlighted.
Old 10-02-2012

By now I have tried out the below solutions but then it has not helped:
  • I have reinstalled the cursor and have tried picking every CFX file
  • I have also removed registry entry as well as the Prefetch files and after that I had tried to reinstall it.
No matter what I have tried so far the issue is still the same, I wanted to know that from where does the CFX draw the default windows? Anyone is having an idea about this??
Old 10-02-2012

I think that I can help you out here, just follow the below steps:
  • First open the cmd prompt and make sure that you are running it as an administrator.
  • When you get the DOS screen just type ?sfc /scannow? make sure that you are typing it without the quotes and there is a space between sfc and /scannow as well.
This should help you in fixing it out, just try it out and then let me know what you get.
Old 10-02-2012

Even I was having problem with the CursorFX (Free Version) and I was running Win 7 Home Premium but then I did not had to re-install CursorFX in order to use Win 7 to reset the cursor but then I just had to right click the Desktop and after that choose the Personalize option and change the mouse pointer, after this I had just reset it to Aero default and then things were fine, just do the same and see if it is helping.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,