Thread: Unable to install Windows 7 from USB in Toshiba NB255 netbook

Unable to install Windows 7 from USB in Toshiba NB255 netbook

I don’t know why is it not allowing me to install the Windows 7 via. Usb in my netbook. The main problem is that I can only install via usb on this netbook there is no other option for me. I did try to do some research in the internet thinking that I will get some sort of help but that was not the case I did not get any help there, that’s why I have come here to take some assistance from you all. Any help?

Re: Unable to install Windows 7 from USB in Toshiba NB255 netbook

Quote Originally Posted by BluFFMast.ER View Post
    I don’t know why is it not allowing me to install the Windows 7 via. Usb in my netbook. The main problem is that I can only install via usb on this netbook there is no other option for me. I did try to do some research in the internet thinking that I will get some sort of help but that was not the case I did not get any help there, that’s why I have come here to take some assistance from you all. Any help?
    Why don’t you save a file of windows 7 in the hard drive before beginning with the installation of the windows 7. I think that would be a good method to go with.

See whenever I want to install it in the hard disk I format it before only. Now whenever I am going to install the windows 7, it does not create the system partition. After that I get an error message saying “Windows cannot be installed to Disk 0 Partition 1.” On clicking to view the details it gives a long message “Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that this disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.”

Why don’t you do it with the help of a windows 7 CD . In case if your netbook is not having the cd drive then I would advise you to get a external cd or dvd drive and load the windows CD or DVD from there and then begin with the installation. So that’s how it is done.

Quote Originally Posted by BluFFMast.ER View Post
    Hi you should first check out the minimum system requirements of the windows 7 to see if your netbook is supported or not. So do check out this link and you will get all the necessary details. I also would ask you to run a Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor that would give you further knowledge about the installation and also the recommendations.