Thread: Is it possible to install a Windows 7 Home premium with different language product license?

Is it possible to install a Windows 7 Home premium with different language product license?

Hello I am basically from india and right now residing in germany. I had a copy of windows 7 but it seems I forgot it in india only. So that’s why I was searching for a English copy license of windows 7? But everywhere I am ending up getting the german product license and not the English one. One of my colleague is having the windows 7 DVD. So I just want to know if I can install a Win 7 English DVD and use a German product license for it to run. Will that be possible?

I am really confused with this. Some advise is very much needed from you all.

Re: Is it possible to install a Windows 7 Home premium with different language product license?

Quote Originally Posted by NatwarL@L View Post
    Hello I am basically from india and right now residing in germany. I had a copy of windows 7 but it seems I forgot it in india only. So that’s why I was searching for a English copy license of windows 7? But everywhere I am ending up getting the german product license and not the English one. One of my colleague is having the windows 7 DVD. So I just want to know if I can install a Win 7 English DVD and use a German product license for it to run. Will that be possible?

I am really confused with this. Some advise is very much needed from you all.
    I don’t think so that would be possible with the home premium edition. So I would not like to recommend you by going with that method. Instead I would say you should check out some online stores like ebay and flipkart and there are chances that you might get the product that you were looking for. I hope that was enough for you. That’s it from my side for you.

Re: Is it possible to install a Windows 7 Home premium with different language product license?

Hi, if you want you can pay some more money and get the multi language pack of windows 7 ultimate edition. Since I don’t think so you will be able to get a English language pack with the German edition at all. So you will do that only.

Why cant you do that, well it is very much possible to do here is what you have to do, once the windows is installed, go to the windows update and look under optional downloads. You will be able to find the whole long lists of languages that you want to select.

Select the one that you want to download as well as install. It will continue with the process. That’s what I am saying here. so I hope you did understand what I have said here.