Thread: Folder ratings in Windows 7?

Folder ratings in Windows 7?

Hello everyone I am using windows 7 enterprise edition and I just want to know that how to rate a folder? Like if we open up the folder and view it in the detailed mode. Then we will get to see the following details in them i.e.

Name
    Date modified
    Type
    Rating

Now there is also a column of rating them as well. there were 5 empty stars in it and I went ahead and rated them. But I was not able to fill up the starts why is that so? Do I need some separate programs to fill up that stars or is it something else, please tell me about the same. I am waiting to hear it from you all. So do reply accordingly.

Re: Folder ratings in Windows 7?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakshesha View Post
    Hello everyone I am using windows 7 enterprise edition and I just want to know that how to rate a folder? Like if we open up the folder and view it in the detailed mode. Then we will get to see the following details in them i.e.

Name
    Date modified
    Type
    Rating

Now there is also a column of rating them as well. there were 5 empty stars in it and I went ahead and rated them. But I was not able to fill up the starts why is that so? Do I need some separate programs to fill up that stars or is it something else, please tell me about the same. I am waiting to hear it from you all. So do reply accordingly.
    Ok that’s a strange probably you should check out the user permissions by going into the account as admin and checking whether the user in which you have logged in as the full read/write access or not. I think you should do that. Probably you will get a better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Agavoli View Post
    Ok that’s a strange probably you should check out the user permissions by going into the account as admin and checking whether the user in which you have logged in as the full read/write access or not. I think you should do that. Probably you will get a better idea.
    I don’t think so folders have any options to rate them it must be of the file. You can definitely rate the file and not the folder. I hope you did understand. Here is how you should do that
    1) Right click on the file and go to properties.
    2) In the Properties dialog box, click on the Details tab.
    3) Two separate columns will be shown one of them is the property and the other is the value. Click on the stars that you want to rate and that’s it.
    I hope that was clear for you.

Yes you should check out with the permissions and also see if you have the authority to change or modify and file. Also there is no rating system for the folders. So probably you should have a cross check about that issue.