Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to install Linux on my Macbook Pro having Lion

Operating Systems

Old 06-02-2012

How to install Linux on my Macbook Pro having Lion

Hello friends, i have download Linux Ubuntu and burn it to CD, but after sometime i realized that OS X Lion only has Bootcamp 4 which allow to install Windows 7. I was thinking that is there any another method to install Linux. But do not wanted to multiple operating systems running on same system, i am able to boot into Linux. Does anyone know anything about it, please tell me. Thank you.

Old 06-02-2012

Re: How to install Linux on my Macbook Pro having Lion

I would suggest that you can try it using the VMWare Fusion and also there are been plenty of the software which you can run the another operating system on the system, it is virtual machine running on it.
Old 06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniela View Post
I would suggest that you can try it using the VMWare Fusion and also there are been plenty of the software which you can run the another operating system on the system, it is virtual machine running on it.
I do not wanted to use it and also i wanted to install it completetly on the system, so please tell me some other method which will be helpful for me, so provide that.
Old 06-02-2012

I would say that it is totally waste of time if you are going for linux, if you are knowing computer knowledgeable then you can search and install it on the system otherwise it is not possible to have it. I would suggest that you call some computer knowledgeable which can do it, i think that it is not for you, the constant prompting for passwords and text input will annoy you anyway.
Old 06-02-2012

I wanted to know that when you are trying to boot it and it goes to Linux doesn't the Linux shows the option to install, if you are getting it then you click on Install. I would say that you use existing partitions and install side by side, and select the custom which will allows you to do the partition on the hard drive and then after that you choose the size of the partition you want by resizing the hard drive, then clicking on the blank box and make the root partition, but you also want to include a swap partition. I don't know MACs so this may not work for you, but you should be able to do a web search for Installing Linux on a MAC and find the answer that way. I run my computers dual boot Windows and Linux but I also boot Linux from an external hard drive which makes my system portable. If you can boot to an external hard drive, this may be the best option without altering your internal hard drive.
Old 06-02-2012

When you boot the Linux from the CD, when it goes into the Linux itself, find synaptic the software management program, open this and click reload. Once reloaded, open search and type in MAC and install the files that work with that hard drive format. i don't remember if my Linux seen a MAC hard drive or not, but you do need those files installed.
Old 06-02-2012

I think you might be able to get the method from the Linux website and also you will be able to get the method and also you will be able to install on Macbook Pro, so you better search it.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,