Thread: How to disable IDT PC Audio from startup

How to disable IDT PC Audio from startup

I am getting the following error in my Dell XPS 430. The Error is "IDT PC Audio has stopped working and was closed." When I checked into the Event viewer logs: “The Audio Service terminated unexpectedly”. Can anyone explain me about this error? Is it possible to turn off the IDT PC audio from the startup without causing this error?
    My system specs are as follows:
    • Windows XP Home Premium 64bit
    • 750 GB SATA hard drive
    • Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Processor
    • ATI Radeon HD 3650
    • 6 GB DDR3 RAM

Re: How to disable IDT PC Audio from startup

IDT PC Audio is the integrated audio sound module. In your case I think optional SoundBlaster Xfi sound card is missing from your computer. It is needed in your case. If not, then it will surely going to show error. I know that problem must be resolved. Actually this is SigmaTel (IDT) sound driver. Try installing the latest driver and see whether it can fix the problem are not. If this didn’t help then reinstall using the Dell Recovery partition on the HDD. If there is any corruption with the Windows, and IDT software is fine then it could help.

You are saying that it is a sttray exe error? If so, then it could be the problem with the windows, not about the IDT. Sttray exe error can be happened due to multiple reasons.
    • Missing otherwise damaged sttray.exe file
    • Corrupt or else incompatible dll module
    • Wrong Sigmatel Audio system tray app modification
    • IDT PC Audio inability
    • Improper BIOS setting
    • Spyware or adware attacks

I always keep the SysTray "clean". I previously had the problem with the SigmaTel when I first started it. I resolved it easily then but I don’t remember how. I have changed some settings in Control Panel's Sounds panel. I'm using a SoundBlaster sound card and for that reason I have disabled the SigmaTel

You are telling that you are running with 64 bit windows, then you will need to install 64bit driver for SigmaTel on Dell. To do this first of uninstall the SigmaTel (or IDT) using Device Manager and also its drivers. I assume that you have already downloaded the latest version of drivers. So restart the pc and after boot up don’t let the pc to search for drivers automatically. Cancel the search and install the drivers which you have downloaded. I should take care of the issue.

Everyone those who are using the windows computer knows that the Sttray exe error is a curious system error. It usually happens due to the sttray.exe process. It belongs to the Sigmatel Audio system tray application or IDT PC Audio. This Sttray exe error can also some obscure system problems such as sudden system shutdown. Before taking any kind of repair action against it, you should know more about the process.

You can easily fix sttray exe error efficiently and instantly. If the file is really missing from the system you can easily replace it by downloading. If you don’t know how to do it, then there is other way around. This method is repairing the registry values related to sttray.exe file. You can manually repair it but you need certain level of computer expertise. If you do any mistake in this process, it may ruin the entire system or OS. Otherwise you can refer a copy of Advanced PC Tweaker. It is a safe and efficient solution.

My last issue was the same. I think that there is a memory leaks with IDT. It looks like there is difference in buffer used by other programs. There was problem with Windows Media Center, as the sound will continue even after closing the app.

I have a solution for you and I hope it will help. First of all uninstall the IDT driver’s altogether. After that update your Windows 7 to SP1. I have heard that Win 7 SP1 drivers does not lock up this and do not have any problem with that. Their drivers are completely compatible with Dolby Digital files. If you think that it is the problem with IDT drivers only, you should consider contacting the Intel. They will surely have a fix for this.