Thread: Which is the best Windows 7 ultimate or windows 7 professional?

Which is the best Windows 7 ultimate or windows 7 professional?

Hi, everyone I have ASUS X8AIJ laptop and in this laptop I have Intel core 2 duo T8570 processor, DDR2 2GB RAM and 250 GB hard drive. So I just want to ask you guys which operating system Windows 7ultimate or windows 7 professional will is best and runs good in my laptop?

re: Which is the best Windows 7 ultimate or windows 7 professional?

I will suggest you to install windows ultimate upgrade because it has extra features like it help protecting your data on PC and help portable storage device against loss or thief with bitlocker. It has extra language support, it works in language of your choice and it can switch between any 35 languages. Also there is not much difference in price of both versions, windows professional cost of 199 dollars and windows ultimate upgrade is of 119 dollars. Also window ultimate upgrade is upgrade version of professional.

I will personally suggest you to chose professional is slight faster than ultimate and also ultimate runs more unnecessary service on background than take more ram and so it perform slow.

If you don’t need more than 16GB RAM in your PC or if you want to use PC as domain that is if you want to use this PC in business purpose then go with windows premium. If you want to use up to 192 GB RAM (but don’t supports on all motherboards) then go with windows processional and I don’t think that there is any reason to get windows ultimate. Also use 64 bit version else you will be limited to 3.25 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraj View Post
    Hi, everyone I have ASUS X8AIJ laptop and in this laptop I have Intel core 2 duo T8570 processor, DDR2 2GB RAM and 250 GB hard drive. So I just want to ask you guys which operating system Windows 7ultimate or windows 7 professional will is best and runs good in my laptop?
    All versions of Microsoft windows 7 (premium, professional and ultimate) have same minimum requirement, here is the official Microsoft link which sates this. REQUIREMENT. So the only think matters that is the extra feature of ultimate upgrade, so it’s on you to check whether it worth’s for you or not to pay extra money for this features. Here is the Microsoft link of additional features of ultimate upgrade version. ADDITIONAL FEATURES

Mostly the only difference among both Professional and Ultimate is Ultimate let you to use Bitlocker to encrypt files and this will let allow you to use multiple languages. Your laptop almost certainly will only use up to 8 GB of RAM. You can run XP mode in Windows 7 Professional if you have some older apps.

In windows ultimate upgrade applocker you can create and enforce polices but in professional you create but cannot policies but cannot enforce it. Ultimate has Audio recording over terminal service where in professional you can’t do this. Ultimate also has bitlocker drive encryption and display language. In professional version you have to purchase language pack separate. Windows professional don’t have virtual desktop infrastructure and windows media player multimedia redirection and may other features.