Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2012

Windows XP Re-installation Need Advice

ive had my pc 8 yrs now and like to think i maintain it in good order. But im no techy.
I use ccleaner - Power Suite. Malware and have good ant-virus.
But my techy friend recommends me re-installing my OS. Given its age. At the same time he is going to pimp it a little and install another separate HD for my pics and music.
I have a huge external but another security measure cant harm ?
Little q - Is this a good idea - oh my OS is XP.
And should I copy some of the programs I use to save me downloading again and will they keep my settings and info if I copy to external.
ie I have photoshop which I have tagged all my photos too (this done over years), will I keep all that info if copied to external - I could never do that task from scratch again !
Should I move over Nero, Word etc to save me a little time digging out original cds ?
Old 02-02-2012

re: Windows XP Re-installation Need Advice

It is not necessary to format your system until it is working fine. Because if you are formatting you have to collect all the drivers and software which are needed to be installed back again. It is right that if you re-install the system performance is improved a little. Do that only when your system is super slow or if there is virus issue and do not forget to get your data backup.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,