Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

JollyFastVNC is not refreshing the screen

Operating Systems

Old 31-01-2012

JollyFastVNC is not refreshing the screen

I am willing to control my desktop which is running on Ubuntu 9.04 with the help of MacBook Pro which is running on JollyFastVNC client, other than this I am running X11VNC on Ubuntu machine, I have followed a guide to do so and the problem that I am having is that when I am using JollyFastVNC in order to connect to the Ubuntu desktop then I a bale to see the GNOME desktop and everything appears to be fine but then I have found that the screen does not refreshes on the vnc client even thought the mouse and the key reacts to the Ubuntu machine, is there anyone who can help me out with the same??

Old 31-01-2012

Re: JollyFastVNC is not refreshing the screen

Quote:
I am willing to control my desktop which is running on Ubuntu 9.04 with the help of MacBook Pro which is running on JollyFastVNC client, other than this I am running X11VNC on Ubuntu machine, I have followed a guide to do so and the problem that I am having is that when I am using JollyFastVNC in order to connect to the Ubuntu desktop then I a bale to see the GNOME desktop and everything appears to be fine but then I have found that the screen does not refreshes on the vnc client even thought the mouse and the key reacts to the Ubuntu machine, is there anyone who can help me out with the same??
Ok I just wanted to know if you have tried out VNC Viewers rather than just using JFVNC?? If not that try out the same and then let me know if it is helping, I also wanted to know what all solutions you have tried so far so I donít suggest you the same as it will be just a waste of time.
Old 31-01-2012

By now I have tried out chicken of VNC but then it did not made any difference, I have also tried vnc4server/tightvncserver/ instead of x11vnc from Synaptic Manager and even it did not helped, I am sure that there is something wrong from the vnc client but then I am not able to track out what is the actual cause of this issue, any further help for the same will be appreciated.
Old 31-01-2012

I think that you should try to use x11vnc "-noxdamage" option in order to avoid the org/compiz XDAMAGE bug, you can do that by the below code:
x11vnc -noxdamage ...
You can also try out disabling the compiz, but then if you still find the same issue then just add just try to add the below code to the x11vnc's command line:
-defer 5 -wait 5 -nonap
Or this one
-allinput
Just try out the above solution and see if it is helping.
Old 31-01-2012

Hey I have just tried out the solution that you have suggested above and after adding -noxdamage into the script file "sharex11vnc" and after login in and out, I am still having the same issue, I mean that the screen is not refreshing, I have got the same response with the Chicken of VNC, is there anyone who has an idea about the same, I mean what will be the possible cause for it??.
Old 31-01-2012

Have you made sure that you are restarting x11vnc process, I am saying so because just changing the script is just not enough. If you want then you can just use "ps wwwwwwaux | grep x11vnc" in order to check out if it is running and check out if it is having "-noxdamage" on its command line and so. Just reboot the machine and it will restart the x11vnc process, try out the same and see if it is helping??

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,