Thread: How to troubleshoot windows 7 blue screen BCCode : f4 BCP1 : 00000003

How to troubleshoot windows 7 blue screen BCCode : f4 BCP1 : 00000003

My system was working fine. Then suddenly I started getting a weird blue screen error on my screen. The error that I am facing is BCCode : f4 BCP1 : 00000003. This error is constant and I am unable to understand what is the cause of the same. I am getting this issue constantly after every 10 to 20 minutes. Even if I do nothing on my system windows will crash with that weird error code. After restart I can see a message on the screen saying that windows has just recovered from an error check for solution. And it does nothing.

re: How to troubleshoot windows 7 blue screen BCCode : f4 BCP1 : 00000003

Looks like some kind of issue with memory corruption. The issue can be also due to corrupt drivers or any damage software. So the first thing you have to do is go in Event Viewer and checkout the last error description. In that you can find the file which has cause the issue. You can then try to find the associated program. You can either remove it or re-install the same as per your need. This would be enough to fix the problem. Try to run a full ram test also.

You can find the information on the error through Microsoft Online Crash Analysis. You have to upload the crash file on it and it will be able to tell you the cause of problem. Most of the time blue screen errors are only due to damage ram. You can download a iso file of memtest. Burn the same on a dvd and scan your system with the same. It will tell you if your system has a damage or corrupt ram.

Re: How to troubleshoot windows 7 blue screen BCCode : f4 BCP1 : 00000003

Quote Originally Posted by akkiiii View Post
    The most recent time I was in the middle of endeavoring to upgrading the Acronis TrueImage which is at present well and truly corrupted. I not be able to even uninstall it. The additional times was utilizing iTunes and previous to with the intention of hitting it off on a web link in Firefox.
    WOW this is almost exactly the same sort of thing that happened to me. In fact I have just today performed a full clean install . . looked sweet, then clicking on a link in Firefox, and bang f4 BSOD again

I also have seen it with iTunes . . and I had the same issue with Acronis, a few months back ... the install today has finally gotten rid of it . . was totally corrupted.

The only other times I seem to get it are on boot up, if it hasn't crashed after a few minutes it usually ok .. unless Firefox of iTunes are used.

Well . . I'm going back to IE9 and see if that improves things and try and find an alternative to iTunes. I have already gotten rid of Avast and Comodo as had problems with them in the past . . using MS security Essentials ATM . . one thing I have noticed though you do see the security apps failing in Tool Bar messages when this happens sometimes. Really is starting to sound like there are some particularly prone bits of SW that cause these issues . . . time to purge
    Last edited by QUADratic; 31-01-2012 at 10:32 PM.