Thread: Getting error 'Ubuntu-archive-mirrorserver' while using copy of Ubuntu 11.10 for PPC versions

Getting error 'Ubuntu-archive-mirrorserver' while using copy of Ubuntu 11.10 for PPC versions

I am having a copy of Ubuntu 11.10 for PPC versions which I has created and as it was showing oversized for the cd I burned it on a dvd and the problem that I am facing is that when I am trying to insert it in my Powerbook and then boot then I get a error message saying 'Ubuntu-archive-mirrorserver' which is guess says Mirror Server wasn't working and then it says o will have to reboot and after that I get a error saying linuxvm is missing, this happens like a loop, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well??

Re: Getting error 'Ubuntu-archive-mirrorserver' while using copy of Ubuntu 11.10 for PPC versions

I am having a copy of Ubuntu 11.10 for PPC versions which I has created and as it was showing oversized for the cd I burned it on a dvd and the problem that I am facing is that when I am trying to insert it in my Powerbook and then boot then I get a error message saying 'Ubuntu-archive-mirrorserver' which is guess says Mirror Server wasn't working and then it says o will have to reboot and after that I get a error saying linuxvm is missing, this happens like a loop, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well??
    I have found some people reporting the same but then the error keeps changing the same as well, If you are not having any issue in installing then I will like to inform you that there is a manual for setting the mirror and you can just change the mirror to "ports.ubuntu.com" with directory "/ubuntu-ports/" and check out if it is helping, if you want then you can also try out the alternate way that has been mentioned in the below article, just check it out for further information:
    How to install with the PowerPC mini iso

Re: Getting error 'Ubuntu-archive-mirrorserver' while using copy of Ubuntu 11.10 for PPC versions

I have tried out the reinstallation process several times but then it is just not making any difference, in my case I am having Firefox and I am using the same from BootCD using a LAN cable, the other thing that I wanted to ask is that I don’t have idea about Mirror Server, I mean that from where can I change it?? Is it in some directory?? Which one will be better from 10.04 Lucid Lynx LTS and 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

You can find out the same in the link that I have provided you, you can just go through the same and there are some information about trying out the 11.10 mini cd and all, if you are having the 11.10 base then you can just install the gui that you want, I don’t think that it is a better idea to install the 11.04 GUI and after that immediately upgrade to the 11.10 GUI later. As far as the maverick and lucid is concerned I don’t think that there are much difference between both, you can say that the lucid is supported a bit longer and that’s it. I just wanted to say that if you are willing to upgrade versions then maverick will be a better choice.

I think that you have just misspelled something I mean there is no 11.04, correct me if I am wrong??

It is there,if you want then you can just go through the below guide where they have provided instruction regarding using the same, just check it out:
    InstallationMinimalCD guide

I was not yet aware that there was 11.04 as I had not found it in the Ubuntu PPC list and that is the reason I have downloaded 10.10 anyways I will now upgrade to the 11.4 and will check if it is helping me out or not.