Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can I upgrade vanilla Hard Heron PPC in order to install Ubuntu Studio?

Operating Systems

Old 25-01-2012

Can I upgrade vanilla Hard Heron PPC in order to install Ubuntu Studio?

as the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to ask you over here. Can I upgrade vanilla Hard Heron PPC in order to install Ubuntu Studio? Welcome for any comments from your side. Thanks a lot in advance.

Old 25-01-2012

Re: Can I upgrade vanilla Hard Heron PPC in order to install Ubuntu Studio?

As far as I know there is no Ubuntu Studio for PPC even it is not having support for PPC64.
Old 25-01-2012

Well I am not sure about the thing that is Ubuntu studio should put on my package manager which is having ubuntu desktop and lots of other things to download. They all are looking installable. But I am not able to install them on my system. there are special repositories which supposed to be added for the Ubuntu Studio. However I am not sure about the same.
Old 25-01-2012

So far I am running Ubuntu 8.10 on my computer. I tried to install studio from the synaptic and I have done the same without any issue on x86 platforms. Well according to me the main problem is most of the studio will need linux-rt. Well I don?t think so it will be available for the ppc architecture. Hence there is no need of using ppc linux.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,