| || |
Join Date: Nov 2010
re: How to make VirtualBox shared folder accessible to Ubuntu 11.10 user?
You have to launch terminal program and you have to login with username and password.
Run below mentioned command.
You have to put the same into the correct directory.
You have to go for bottom of the list. You have to edit that line only.
~ $ sudo usermod -G vboxsf -a [your username]
Restart your computer and launch the terminal of yours.
You have to run below mentioned command.
You will see that username is appearing in [vboxsf] group.
- Once you have done with the above mentioned steps you will need to perform with following steps.
- You should close Terminal and go for GUI desktop.
- Launch Home folder and open [File System] folder.
- Go for [/media] folder and choose Open as administrator by using Command-Click.
- New folder window will open on the computers. This folder window is an administrator folder window.
- You should not close it until you have done. You have to select Sharing Options menu item and complete the window which you have open. Now move back to [/media] folder.
- Again go for [/media] folder. You have to [Command-Click] Virtual Box Shared folder and choose Make Link. You will see that into [/media] folder. If you wanted to edit the link then you can edit the same.
- You should drag the link to GUI desktop. You have to close the Folder Windows. Reboot.
- By using that particular link you will need to use Virtual Box shared folder which will open without navigating to it and you should use "Open as administrator."