Thread: MacBook Pro and Maverick Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10)

MacBook Pro and Maverick Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10)

So here is the thing , I dual booted the Maverick Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10) on my MacBook pro which is new recently bought 12 inch and noted this following things
    1. Don’t have the external graphic card only the one with on board that comes with sandy bridge is not working
    2. HD facetime webcam, works out of box
    3. Wireless is not working with is Broadcom 4331 , not even getting the suggested proprietary driver and getting the driver directly from the Broadcom also not working. It looks as if it’s not supported any drivers

So I am facing all this problem , how is your experience on this do you people have any work around please do share with us I would appreciate this thanks

Re: MacBook Pro and Maverick Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10)

I have the same problem but I am not that worried with the sandy bridge graphics support as that should be solve in the 2.6.38 but the wireless is the main problem as there is a long ongoing history between the Broadcom and the linux

I've been extremely busy with getting real work done for same and am quite happy regarding the entire of the progress that has been made at this time. I have my Bluetooth apple aluminum keyboard as well as mighty mouse working with no configuration. Not certain how other Bluetooth devices may operate? Perhaps I'll try getting my iPhone connected later. The mactel PPA is operating perfectly for the keyboard as well as the trackpad

I've have the Intel only graphics however while increase the both cores plus the GPU one core doing a busy loop, the another working the game, just the part that is awkwardly warm is the edge of the vent, the reaming just get warms up a little however not that much to be a worried . That was with OS X however, I in fact haven't tested because. I ran that test in the store previous to I purchase it.

i was believe that as the same time when running Ubuntu. The MacBook Pro 7.1 13" i have at the present gets extremely hot just by normal desktop use with compiz. I believe it's for the reason that the NVIDIA chip. however with 8.1 13" this must be the same to OSX, since no extra GPU chip , and consequently also same battery life.

I like to share this with you all while at first installed the dkms packages, I lost every functionality of the keyboard as well as track pad. I got original functionality back temporarily . Function (Fn) keys work. I haven't saw if play/pause, fast forward, rewind works. Expose and Dashboard do nothing, however the keycodes are familiar in xev. I upgraded this in morning and lost track pad functionality in total. I'm not certain what has occurred.

I use the Bluetooth mighty mouse as well as aluminum keyboard and its works on no configuration. it shows that my laptop has no Bluetooth adapters connected. The scroll ball does not function with the mouse plus the function (Fn) keys do not work on the aluminum keyboard. The backlight is not functioning for me.

That is ridiculous if bluetooth is not dectected How do your keyboard/mouse work I am not sure though . I am triple-booting on my MacBook OS X, Win7, as well as Ubuntu. They were paired in OS X and not on the Win7, and Ubuntu, but work in all.

I just bought a new MacBook pro 8,1 then I installed debian sid on this pc I'm not using Ubuntu, however I believe my knowledge may be useful for Ubuntu users. So I can use Linux kernel 2.6.38, Also I'm making use of the newest ndiswrapper in sid . later after installing the windows driver, I be able to use ndiswrapper for my wireless driver. up to now, it works great .

Yesterday I change the output a value difference of 0 in a file located in /sys/class/backlight/ then it just activated the keyboard backlight. But the issue is the there is no light control according to the light detector.

in my opinion I don't mind regarding 3D at all. It seems the Intel graphics is approximately functioning , so I'm thinking that we'll get there almost immediately . Apart from that, EFI boot is functioning well for me plus has the added bonus of allow ahci access in its place of piix for the hard drive

The touchpad do not give me scroll or any sort of multitouch, however it worked, although updating the machine made the whole thing work. to the extent that the windowing environment, you be able to select "Ubuntu Classic Desktop" at the login display after you choose your username plus before you putting in your password. It is below at the bottom of the display as if they are making it to hide it from you! This provides you the normal gnome desktop and is a great deal reduction of problem.