Thread: Video card, Fn key not working after installing Ubuntu 64 bit in ASUS X53S

Video card, Fn key not working after installing Ubuntu 64 bit in ASUS X53S

I have been running Windows 7 on ubuntu without any issue by now but then I have recently installed Ubuntu 64 bit and I have found that some functions of my system has stopped working, the ones that I have noticed so far is the Nvidia Geforce GT 540M video card and the Fn key, the problem with the video card is that it is not bale top play some games and movies and also gives crummy image, is there anyone who has an idea about the possible cause of this issue and can help me out with the same?

Re: Video card, Fn key not working after installing Ubuntu 64 bit in ASUS X53S

I have been running Windows 7 on ubuntu without any issue by now but then I have recently installed Ubuntu 64 bit and I have found that some functions of my system has stopped working, the ones that I have noticed so far is the Nvidia Geforce GT 540M video card and the Fn key, the problem with the video card is that it is not bale top play some games and movies and also gives crummy image, is there anyone who has an idea about the possible cause of this issue and can help me out with the same?
    I have faced the same issue with A53SV and even I was trying out a no of solutions but then later I got it work with bumblebee or you can also try to use nvidia optimus, currently I am using intel/nvidia simultaneously, if you want then even you can try out the same. Best of luck.