Thread: Need help in creating dvd backups using ubuntu 11.10 livecd

Need help in creating dvd backups using ubuntu 11.10 livecd

I am willing to create a backup in my hard drive which is not having OS , so I have been trying to use ubuntu 11.10 livecd tp perform the task and the issue here is that I am having only one dvd drive and I am also not able to use the external hard drives and flash drive for the same, so I have now tried using brasero in order to burn data to a cd but then the problem is that the dvd drive is just not ejecting the ubuntu livecd and it just keeps on saying drive is busy, is there anyone who can help me with this??

Re: Need help in creating dvd backups using ubuntu 11.10 livecd

I am willing to create a backup in my hard drive which is not having OS , so I have been trying to use ubuntu 11.10 livecd tp perform the task and the issue here is that I am having only one dvd drive and I am also not able to use the external hard drives and flash drive for the same, so I have now tried using brasero in order to burn data to a cd but then the problem is that the dvd drive is just not ejecting the ubuntu livecd and it just keeps on saying drive is busy, is there anyone who can help me with this??
    I think that you should better try making a bootable usb thumb drive and you can use unetbootin for that and this solution will keep the optical drive free as well, if you don’t want to try that then the other option that you can go for is using a livecd and then backing up the data to a usb thumb drive, just check out and see what possible solution that you can try out.

Re: Need help in creating dvd backups using ubuntu 11.10 livecd

I think that the best option for you will be using Puppy Linux, I have been using the same and have not yet faced any problem because of it, it basically loads the entire system into the ram and you won’t be having ejecting problem and all.