Thread: Huge CPU and RAM usage by LSASS.EXE on Windows 8

Huge CPU and RAM usage by LSASS.EXE on Windows 8

hi guys

lately I have see a strange jump on the RAM and the CPU utilization on windows 8 developer preview 64 bit . I see the too much network activity like 1.8Mb/sec uploads and 1.84Mb/sec downloads and this is not normal that I know as I am not downloading anything .now the main thing LSASS.EXE is using over 1,34,000KB of RAM ! That's 1.34GB, and it's it is still going up entire time I've been check it . this is really odd I have been using the windows 7 for so long time but never has such issue in it but this windows 8 versiin certainly has few issue that need to be sloved , can any one here can explain what is the matter with this LSASS.EXE . I woulds be really appreciating any reply as it is still going up

Thanks

Re: Huge CPU and RAM usage by LSASS.EXE on Windows 8

That Is really very weird I also use the windows 8 dev and I never seen this issue with it. Can you tell me is that you are using the Windows Defender from Windows 8. Don’t know if it has any impact on it or not but try to disable Windows Defender and then see if you still having the same high CPU and RAM usage

What I suggest you get the Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) and in it just select the Windows Performance Toolkit now go to the
    Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Windows Performance Toolkit
    And run the WPRUI.exe ,choose in the more option VAlloc Usage and Network IO Activity and hit the start . now it will start tracing and after that whns it finished tracing just sanve the trace . Compress the ETL and the NGENPDB folder as 7z and upload the 7z file.

Look as if your machine is infected with the old Sasser worm. because the LSASS should be using the resources when login , generating the security token nothing much .so there will not be any other reason for this to be happen unless you system is effected with worm. I am not sure but this might also be the bug in the operating system

This is strange . I will definitely take scan my pc today .but I don’t understand how this happen as I did the fresh install of windows 8 and I am also using the windows defender and even in my web browser I use the Adblock addon and NoScript plugins . never visited any untrusted site . let see what malware has to say on this