Thread: Is AMD Athlon II X3 455 Rana 3.3GHz CPU capable of running ubuntu

Is AMD Athlon II X3 455 Rana 3.3GHz CPU capable of running ubuntu

I am having AMD Athlon II X3 455 Rana 3.3GHz CPU in my system and I am willing it to run ubuntu,I have found a no of people facing issue with the combination of these and this is making me hesitate, I just wanted to know that can there be any issue with the combination of these two?? Is there anyone who can clear my doubt?

Re: Is AMD Athlon II X3 455 Rana 3.3GHz CPU capable of running ubuntu

I am having AMD Athlon II X3 455 Rana 3.3GHz CPU in my system and I am willing it to run ubuntu,I have found a no of people facing issue with the combination of these and this is making me hesitate, I just wanted to know that can there be any issue with the combination of these two?? Is there anyone who can clear my doubt?
    I don’t think that there will be any issue it will surely run ubuntu without any issues, I have not yet found anyone who have mentioned that he is having problem with the combination of these two at least. There are people facing problem but then I don’t think that the combination can be called as the cause of the same, if you still have a doubt then you can just try out a Live CD and and find it out yourself, just check it out to get rid of the hesitation that you are having.

Ok thanks for that but then I forgot to add that I am having a CPU oced to a Phenom II X4 B55, so will that make new one make any difference??

I really don’t think that this will make much difference and in short I just wanted to say that if it is not having any issue in expoding in Windows then it won’t have any issue in linux as well, I think that the defining factor here should be the motherboard and the version of Ubuntu if at all if there would be any problem, I will suggest you to better try out the Ubuntu cd and see if it is loading or not.

I have tried out the cd but then I am not able to Finish the installation and I am getting error message saying that the windows has fail and in the prompt it also giving File: \wubildr.mbr which I don’t know what it means, I have been trying to install it on the windows XP, so I just wanted to know that if it is making any difference. The other thing that I wanted to know is that can I try out unlock the core??

I think that the issue is basically because you are trying to install Ubuntu from XP, I mean that there are a no of people having issues with the installation and many of them do not recommend the same as well, I will suggest you to try out without installing it, just try out booting directly from the cd and then it should load without any problem, just try it out and then let me know if it is working or not, as far as the unlocking is concerned then you can just disable the unlocking and have a fine system, if you want then you can try it out.

I have now tried out the same but then now I have noticed that the HDD light was on for a while but then it went off and after that I was not able to install it on my system. I really had a feeling that I won’t work, anyways I just wanted to know that will I be able to install the ubuntu through windows 7?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Yes, but then I will suggest you to better use Ubuntu Windows Installer for the installation process and if you want then you can also try out running Ubuntu inside a virtual machine, I mean that you can just boot the ubuntu on the virtual machine just as the same way you install windows xp. Best of luck.