Thread: Does it make sense to built 32 bit of Windows 8?

Does it make sense to built 32 bit of Windows 8?

Don’t know is this make any sense but I heard that Microsoft is also will have the 32 bit Windows 8 version. it’s ok till now that Microsoft had 32 bit version till windows 7 but with the inclusion of windows 8 128 bit why do one need to have the 32 bit version . its like instead of moving on we will be still stuck on the 32 bit version . In the beginning I heard that the Microsoft will not making the 32 bit version but I am wrong apparently . so can anyone here tell me what would be the reason that made Microsoft to build the 32 bit version of Microsoft windows 8. I would be really appreciating this

Thanks

Re: Does it make sense to built 32 bit of Windows 8?

The one reason that I can make of is the fact that it might be needed on the school or the computer institution that need it for computer studied. But I strongly support what you said I mean in the present situation everyone can afford the computer that can run 64 bit with no stress. So there is no point to for making the windows 8 on 32 bit version

I think it is for the reason that many people may have the older version of the software and hardware like the printer and stuff that might not be compatible with the 64 bit and if the Microsoft will not make 32bit built for windows 8 then many people will stuck with the windows 7 32 bit

i make use of the an old HP desk jet printer , i also have the pictures from my camera that is7 years old, and that is working just fine with the win 7 x64, what I want to say here is that whatever thing you be able to do on windows 32 bit x86, you be able to do on windows x64, plus if you ever need of more than 3gb of ram, you don’t required to have another license, and most computer at the moment sold with above the 2gb ram plus software developers may say hey, maybe i don’t required to optimize this software to run on less ram fairly to the extent that i used to, i am familiar Microsoft is just extend the predictable, which i just don’t see a good enough reason .

Nobody know that how far will this 32bit version been around? I guess too long and I know that it’s time to look at 64bit and 128 bit in the next 2-5 years. however not at the moment. So if it's I will get the to be 64bit machine then it would be just when I will buy the a new pc . I can just say that the Computer Stores are filled with the of new PCs with Windows 7 32 as well as the 64-bit loaded so 32-bit will be with us for some time I thing I mean there are folks that still running Windows 98 and all .

I think it for the people like me, I meant I am running the 32 bit version on my pc as it is the Atom N270 which I think is not compatible with the 64 bit version . So I guess I don’t have the much of the choice in this situation. an did windows 8 dint had the 32 bit then I have to get a new processor which I don’t willing as I have to pay for windows copy also . other then this I don’t see any reason to avoid the 64 bit of windows version

It’s don’t matter what bit you are using. Microsoft is smart all the thing that windows 32 bit operating system does is done by the 64 bit pc so there is no harm in using the 32 bit for the compatibility of software I mean I have al lot of game that is 32 bit but I am able to run it with no discomfort on my 64 bit PC which is of course windows 7 and I believe that windows 8 is not that different from the windows 8.

There is lots of program that runs on the 32 bit like the chrome and the older version of the Firefox. . My web browser goes over the memory threshold of 32 bit as I have may tabs open on the same time and 64 bits allow me to make use of the larger amount of RAM . that is the one advantage that I can say I have with the 64 bit version of the windows 7

If you ask me I would suggest that the 32 bit version is more efficient then the 64 bit version at the 4 GB of RAM as the address length is much shorter . and beside if they decide to move to the 64 bit only .this not likely to be happen anywhere soon .

There are not lots people whose like change ,they like to be with the one they are comfortable using it like there are many people who still use windows XP over the Windows 7 or windows vista . so long story short the reason that they are making the 32 bit version because this is money making company and people will definitely buy it

You are right 32 bit is absolutely fine however I feels there is no point on having the 64 Bit operating system if the software that is made to run on the 32 bit version and beside a 64bit kernel make use of the more memory in compare to the a 32bit kernel. So for a computer with 2GB ram, you would "lose nearly about 250 MB of ram for kernel space. Just check if someone one has this two machine a 32 bit and a 64 bit computer. There you can make out that the clean install has more than 250 MB disparity in memory usage