Thread: unable to install windows 7 when 4 cores are enabled

unable to install windows 7 when 4 cores are enabled

I have configured my PC about 6 months ago. After one month it started showing BSOD frequently. Initially I thought it was a software problem. My pc was working very slow and was keeping crashing all the way. When I use to browse internet it was showing failure as it was crashing. I have 4 cores installed in my pc. I found on the web that I should use one core in my CPU to work well instead of four. I changed it to 1 core it was working fine but when I changed it 4 cores the problem started again. Can anyone help me?? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: unable to install windows 7 when 4 cores are enabled

Can I know the specifications of your PC??? Have you installed any software which contains malware?? You should format you’re your hard disk.

My PC specifications are:

• iHAS224 24x DVD±RW DL RAM
    • SATA Optical Drive - OEM Black
    • 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
    • 1GB DDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E graphic card
    • Coolermaster CM690 II Lite with Coolermaster GX 650W PSU

Dear friend you should format your hard disk and install the windows. You should boot through windows DVD and then restart your PC from RAM or hard disk.

I have formatted my hard disk and installed windows 7. I booted my pc from windows DVD and restarted . Soon after I stared copying files it showed me BSOD. I was thinking of overclocking of my CPU or GPU but didn’t have that courage to do it. This is my PC temperature when it is idle: CPU temp is 24oC, System temp is 38oC, GPU temp is 40oC. please help me it is very annoying I am not able to solve this.

I will suggest you that you should set your BIOS back to its defaults. After that run memtest86 program on your RAM. Check the memory settings of the BIOS. If your RAM is in good condition after giving the memtest then reinstall Windows from scratch. After installing Windows make sure to install the latest motherboard drivers. In case of browser crashing is a silly issue you should change your browser to some else and you will find it will work well. Hope it will work. Give me your feedback.

I did the memtest and I found nothing wrong with my RAM. I can't install windows when windows setup starts to install update. How should I proceed now?? Any help??

There are a variety of problems which caused BSOD when windows are installed. There are chances that your PSU, motherboard, HDD, video card should be not working properly. I have found that your idle temperatures are normal. You should install your CPU cooler properly. I think it will be unstable. Try using another video card if you have and check same problem is arriving or not. Make sure that the DVD drive is plugged into one of the SATA 3GB/s ports and not the SATA 6GB/s ports. In some motherboards they are manual.

You should update the BIOS on your motherboard to the newest BIOS version. You should use different cable and try it in another port. Make sure your CPU is compatible with your motherboard. Run HDD diagnostic test. Initially you should use SATA 6GB/s on the HDD not on the DVD drive and then use SATA 3GB/s. there is a possibility that your CPU contains bad SATA controller or port. Also try to find out is there an error code on the BSOD.

I too faced the same problem. I installed windows on one core and everything fine but when I changed to 4 cores the windows crashed and restarted. I changed everything that you said only the PSU and CPU I didn’t change anything. Ebuyers for RMA are suggesting there's no fault. What should o do now, it is very annoying. Please anybody help me.

I will suggest you to remove all hardware and clear the CMOS on the motherboard. After that reinstall the RAM and one by one try both sticks of RAM and boot your PC. If all is working very well till this level then try to install Windows 7 and use advanced options to install. After that format the hard disk and refresh it. Hope it works. All the best.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions guys. I am highly obliged. I did all the things that you have said me to perform but nothing has worked. I am still there only where initially I was. I am planning to give my PC to repair as soon as possible. Thanks again guys. Really appreciated. if anything works I will surely inform.