Thread: Boot.wim file has corrupt

Boot.wim file has corrupt

I started to download windows 8 developer 32bit 2.8gb two days before and it finished today. When I tried to install it error message appeared saying that “windows cannot copy files required for installation. The files may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available then restart”. I tested all wim archives through 7zip. Install.wim is working for me but I found out boot.wim is damaged. I am not getting how to fix this issue. Can anyone help me to solve this relevant issue?? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Boot.wim file has corrupt

I think your downloaded file is corrupted. You should download it again. I have searched that a good known Win8 Dev Preview install disk with Win7Zip and it also reported the boot.wim. It is eventually damaged. But the disc worked fine when Win8/32bit installed.

From where did you get your Win8 .ISO?? Did you run a checksum test to see if the .ISO file is downloaded correctly??? If the checksum of your downloaded content and the checksum on the MS download site you already know matches the .ISO file is downloaded correctly.

I can’t download again because my internet is very slow. I am unable to find the boot.wim for download. Can anyone give me any fixing software?? I got it from the official site of Microsoft and especially I didn’t burn it, I mounted it using daemon tools.

Dude you cannot fix this. The file is corrupt because your slow downloading speed causes time outs and looses bits in between. Daemon tools do not work for the operating system. You should try and burn the .ISO file to a CD/DVD

Dear friend you don’t have any damaged boot.wim. You should run checksum for the whole .ISO file. That will automatically search that the file is downloaded properly or not.

Usually this problem does not occur in the zip file was created, and no error message is displayed over the size limit. Problems larger than 2GB, send to the other, they failed to extract files.

Dude I burned the .ISO file but it didn’t worked for me. Now I am downloading another version to get it done. Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys. Really appreciated. Will let you know if some problem occurs after installing.