Thread: Unable to install update14.1.4 of Microsoft office 2011 on my iMac computer

Unable to install update14.1.4 of Microsoft office 2011 on my iMac computer

I have bought Apple 27” iMac computer six months ago and I have installed Microsoft office 2011 word, excel, Power point. On my computer without having any problem, but in the last week when I try to installed the new version 14.1.4 for office 2011 on my pc , installing starts for few minutes and then it shows installation fails error and I have try to installing many times but the same result ,I don’t know why this is happening , if anyone knows how to fix this issue then please recommend me.

Re: Unable to install update14.1.4 of Microsoft office 2011 on my iMac computer

I think to download office 2011 14.1.4 update on your Mac computer you make sure that your computer meets the minimum requirements which is Mac OS 10.5.8 or it should be a later version of Mac OS, if you are not sure about this then you can easily check this by first go to Apple menu and then select About this Mac .

I think you should make sure that your Mac 2011 has been updated to at least 14.1.0 version, your office 2011 14.1.1 update is unable to complete the installation process because of this reason , if you are not sure that you have this update installed on your computer then you can easily verify this just open any Microsoft 2011 application like word and check the version number , to check the version number open word then select About word and in the dialog box just compare the version number with latest update installed.

Your installation may not be completed because of the interruption of any application that is running during the installation process so it is better for you to close all the running application including all office application, Microsoft messenger, and also office notification ,sometimes all this application that are running in the background may become the reason to interfere with the installation process

I think you are unable to complete the installation process because your Microsoft office 2011 is not in the application folder on the start- up menu, so before installing just make sure that the Microsoft office 2011 is located in the application folder on start-up menu, and if you found that it is not located in the application folder on start-up menu then just move it to the application folder on the startup menu after moving it restart your computer and then try to installing the update again .

At the time of installing the update you make sure that you are using an administrator account ,and I f you are installing the update using the administrator account ant still unable to complete the installation process for office 2011 version 14.1.4 I think you should try to installing using a new administrator account, you can create a new administrator account by following this steps:
    1.First select the apple icon from the top left corner of your screen and then go to system preferences ,select Accounts from system preferences and then just click on the(+) sign to create a new account .
    2.select the administrator which is next to the new account ,and then type the user name and password and after filling all your details select the create account button and finally click ok
    3.close the system preferences menu and select log out.
    Finally Login to your new admin account try to install the new update 14.1.4 of office 2011for your Mac computer. I hope so it will definitely worked for you.

I have installed the update 14.1.4 version of office 2011 on my Mac computer without having any issue ,it was successfully installed the only problem I am facing with this update is that I am unable to opening any of the application of this update ,anyone knows how to fix this issue then please help me.

After installing the 14.1.1 update of office 2011 on your computer and then you are facing problem in opening the application of this update then you should first restart your computer, after restart of your computer and if you still facing the same problem then reinstall the office 2011 and finally try to install this update again. I hope this solution will worked for you.

I think before installing the office 2011 update that you want just make sure that you have downloaded the correct language version of the update for your office 2011, and in case you are not sure about this then you can download the correct language version of the update from the Microsoft website.

If you are unable to complete the installation process of the update 14.1.4 for your office 2011 then before installing you make sure that you have not rename or modify any of the files in the Microsoft office 2011folderand in case if you have done this then you cannot install the product updates , but you can solve this problem .first move the Microsoft office 2011 folder to the trash and then reinstall the Microsoft office 2011 from original installation disk.

If you are unable to install the 14.1.4 update of office 2011 for your Mac computer then just reinstall the Microsoft office 2011 from you original installation disk and then try to install this update again and still you are unable to complete the installation of this update then I think you should visit the Microsoft website to solve your issue.