Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to Lockdown a Windows 7 PC for single user

Operating Systems

Old 11-01-2012

How to Lockdown a Windows 7 PC for single user

I am new to Windows 7. There are many users in our office and I want to have my computer locked down. Beforehand I was using the Windows XP and the "Policy Editor" (poledit.exe). It allows me to remove the access lock and all other stuffs. After rolling to Windows 7, the Poledit doesn't seem to be working. It is showing me an error: ?Cannot connect to Registry" when I click on top of the user to use it. So does anyone know the best way to lock down Windows 7? It is for a ONE user only. I don?t want to restrict every user. Furthermore the autologon isn't working.

Old 11-01-2012

Re: How to Lockdown a Windows 7 PC for single user

In Windows 7 you can not only limit the rights of a user, it is also possible to determine when to connect and for how long. This application can be very useful in the family and the company to block the use of PC within certain hours and specific days. Note: be careful not to apply this trick to the Administrator account, if you will not need to wait for the day and the scheduled time using the PC.
Old 11-01-2012

The best and most appropriate way to allow multiple users to use the same team is that each has their own user account. Working with one can lead to various problems, including clutter and disorganization. With Windows Vista, and now Windows 7 is not necessary to use third party tools to monitor the use made of the team the "sin" of the house because the operating system offers all the tools necessary to do so.
Old 12-01-2012

The settings are currently running Windows 7 has become clearer. With a few clicks, you can thus manage individual user accounts and customize, based on request. So it is with all the settings / options or in Windows. Central point of contact is almost always the Control Panel. In the first dialog, you can then quickly access the desired category.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,