Thread: Wifi turns on and 'off' in mac

Wifi turns on and 'off' in mac

it was OK using mac operating system , and was well compared with some features of windows 7 . however i am using mac (10.7.2) and there was a sudden shut off of my computer. after booting i am unable to turn wifi on. there is no event on clicking 'turn on wifi' . can you suggest some means to do so.

Re: Wifi turns on and 'off' in mac

i think in this case as you should make an attempt of turning the mac off completely and also in addition to this try to have a reset of your router. i think you can get to some conclusion or hint by doing this.

there are some cases where you will find that there are such kind of problems a. i was also of the similar problem and by reseting the router didn't worked for me. at that time i came from some sites and found that after resetting the PRAM, it worked in my case. and hope it will have a fix in your case also. if it still does not succeeds you should mention me which Mac you have and i will look in this case.

i was trying the solution which you provided. but with no luck.i am mentioning the configuration of my mac as 15" MBP 2.4 i5 running 10.7.2.and after reseting PRAM it did not worked. i also tried with your method of the router which you mentioned. but i would like to say that the wifi card isn't even on and i don't have enough idea about the next procedure to do. can you suggest some means to solve it further.

i think i will provide some solutions which will work in your case. try to have a reboot and according to me i can say that you will have Network Preferences where you will have the option for turning it on. i will provide some code with which you will have your system recovered with this issues.

Try entering this in a Terminal session
    Code:
    networksetup -setairportpower airport off
    and afterwards turning it on
    Code:
    networksetup -setairportpower airport on
    i think you should contact the apple service center if the problem persists after this case.

i wil provide some codes which wil help you,
    according to me I suppose in Lion you have to specify the network interface . Try this
    Code:
    networksetup -setairportpower en1 off
    Code:
    networksetup -setairportpower en1 on

it was just turning off after trying and making attempts so much of times. it prompted me to type my password at the time of switching to 'off'
    I even made some attempts of closing terminal and trying next time and but there was no event occurred after this hope there will be a solution over this.

it might be the other thing which you are having issues with. i can assume here that it will be a chipset failure and to insert a new chipset. as you are saying that it is prompting for your password, it will and it should do the same. and with this you be unable to see anything echoed in the command line - but the airport should toggle off and then on. after this you have to reboot it and if problems do occur next time the last thing you should perform is to make a call at the apple store .

hi guys. i found a solution over this as it worked in my case. i also made a reboot of it a several times and made an attempt of a PRAM reset but nothing occurred. my friend had same problem except it said "no airport card installed". after this there was a replacement of the wifi card from the Apple store but no luck. but it was solved when they replaced my logic board . so after replacing your logic board you might get the problem solved. try this.

the actual reason behind this is that i had some problems with my operating system and that the reason it used to have problems with it. as i guarantee that there were no hardware failure and when tested the same device with my windows system it responded well.