Thread: Windows 7 freezes on startup screen After updating NVIDIA Geforce GT 240M

Windows 7 freezes on startup screen After updating NVIDIA Geforce GT 240M

In my Acer laptop I have NVIDIA Geforce GT 240M graphic card and I am using windows 7 operating system. My laptop was working properly and it has suddenly started giving me problems after updating the drivers. After updating the drivers in my laptop whenever I start laptop at that time laptop freezes on the startup screen. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Windows 7 freezes on startup screen After updating NVIDIA Geforce GT 240M

I have read your problem as you have mentioned in your problem that you are facing this problem after updating the NVIDIA Geforce GT 240M graphic card and that is why I would like to ask you that do you have any recovery disk? If you have then try to solve this problem by running that recovery disk.

You should first make sure that graphic card is causing this problem. You need to restart your laptop in safe mode and then check whether your laptop starts properly or not. If your laptop starts properly in the safe mode then you have to uninstall the drivers which you have installed and then you have to restart your laptop again and after restarting the laptop you have to check whether you are able to start your laptop properly or not. If you are able to start laptop properly then means your graphic card is causing this problem and if does not make any difference then something else is causing this problem. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

Try this trick so that you can understand what the exact problem is.

According to me you have to check on the official site of the Acer whether there is new version of BIOS available or not. If there is new BIOS version available then you have to have to update the BIOS in your laptop and after updating the BIOS in your laptop you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

I have started my laptop in safe mode and then I have removed drivers which I have installed and then when I have restart the laptop at that time I didn’t get any problem. I have also tried to solve this problem by updating the BIOS in my laptop and after updating the BIOS in my laptop my problem does not get solved. not please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

Well according to me you should contact Acer service center and then you have to tell about the problem which you are facing in your mobile phone and after that they will give you proper solution for this. I hope your problem will get solved after that.