Thread: 8GB ram in Acer Aspire 5733 is not working on windows7 home premium 64bit

8GB ram in Acer Aspire 5733 is not working on windows7 home premium 64bit

I have bought Acer aspire 5733 3 months ago and which has 4gb ram already installed on it and I have installed windows 7 home premium on my laptop and in the last week I have added 4gb additional ram on it but it still showing 4gb ram only, it has an upgrade slot on it but I don’t know what is the problem with it ,now I want to know that this works in the same way that I have installed on it or I have to make some settings on my system, if anyone knows then please recommend me.

Re: 8GB ram in Acer Aspire 5733 is not working on windows7 home premium 64bit

I am facing the similar problem with my Sony laptop ,I am running the windows7 home premium 64bit and having 12gb ram installed on it and when I go to the bios and check the configuration then its only showing the 8gb ram , I want to know whether my problem is related with my laptop hardware as it not recognize the additional 4gb ram or this is because of windows7 home premium, please help me.

I think first you make sure that your Acer aspire laptop supports the 8gb ram because many laptop does not support 8gb stick with the windows 7 home premium 64bit, you can do this either by checking your configuration by simply typing the “msconfigure” in the run command and when you run this command then you find the advanced setting on your system ,in advanced setting just see that whether your ‘maximum memory box ‘ is ticked or unticked, if its unticked that means your laptop can upgradable upto 8gb ram, otherwise it is not possible for you to add another 4gb stick to your configuration. Or you can check on the Acer website ,just see the configuration of your model.

I think there is no issue with the windows7 home premium 64bit OS because the home premium 64bity can support maximum memory upto 16gb , just check your laptop supports this additional 4gb ram or not, If its support then I think you are facing some hardware problem with your laptop because your laptop is unable to recognize the additional 4gb memory

This problem is not related with the home premium 64bit at all, and I know that Acer aspire 5733 is upgradable UP TO 8GB RAM as I had used this laptop before with 8gb ram on it, this seems to be an hardware problem as your laptop not recognize your additional memory, you just try with swapping your ram in the slots, just remove your old 4gb ram and place the new 4gb ram in that slot and then put your old 4gb ram in place of new one, and when you done with this just start your computer and reboot it and then see whether your laptop recognize additional memory or not , I hope this solution wil worked for you

Hi Ricky

Kindly get the same adressed from respective acer service center as 8 gb will be supportable by windows7 home premium 64bit.kindly get it checked by swapping the Memory slots.

for any further clarification Speak on toll free or share your details With Acer so that same can be addressed.

Regards
    Acer Team.

If your problem is related with the hardware and your laptop unable to recognize the additional 4gb memory ,then if you are under warranty with the Acer then you just contact acer tech support to get a solution for this problem and if you are out of warranty then you should contact some good technician .

Quote Originally Posted by RICKYb View Post
    I have bought Acer aspire 5733 3 months ago and which has 4gb ram already installed on it and I have installed windows 7 home premium on my laptop and in the last week I have added 4gb additional ram on it but it still showing 4gb ram only, it has an upgrade slot on it but I don’t know what is the problem with it ,now I want to know that this works in the same way that I have installed on it or I have to make some settings on my system, if anyone knows then please recommend me.
    Hi,

Can you please send us your contact details via a personal message? We will get in touch with you and help you sort this out.

Alernatively you can also get in touch with us using the following links