Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012

Windows 7 search box is having Files Category only

I have powered my computer with Windows 7 x64. As I am going to search box to search something I am getting Category files. I am not able to get category like programs or control panel. Any help to troubleshoot the issue will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 08-01-2012

Re: Windows 7 search box is having Files Category only

Can you tell me which search box you are supposed to talking about? It is the one which is located at bottom at the left side of the screen as you have clicked on the Start button? Or it is the one which is available in the right side pane of the Windows Explorer?
Old 08-01-2012

Well I am talking about the search box after clicking on the Start menu. Now tell me how I will troubleshoot the problem??????????
Old 08-01-2012

You can use the following steps to fix the issue of yours.
  1. You have to launch the Control Panel and go for Indexing Options.
  2. After that click on the Modify Options.
  3. Now you should click on the Show All Locations. In case it is asking for the UAC password then provide the same.
  4. You have to click arrows to right side of checkbox so that you can expand the folder tree until and unless you have reached the location of the folder which you wanted to add and select the same.
  5. After that check the selected folder's box.
  6. Once completed you have to click on Ok button and click on the Close button.
Old 08-01-2012

I don?t know whether below mentioned topic can see whether it is working or not.
  • You have to Open Folder Options and click on Search tab.
  • Now click on Restore Defaults and click on Ok button. Also you should select the desired search method in to windows explorer.
  • Again click on Ok button once you have completed.
Old 08-01-2012

If you are not able to resolve the issue then you can give a try to following steps.
  1. You have to launch Search and Indexing troubleshooter by clicking on the Start button. You have to click on Control Panel and type troubleshooter and click on the Troubleshooting.
  2. After that you have to click on View all and click on Search and Indexing.
Old 08-01-2012

Well you can try to fix the matter by using Microsoft Fix it. you can get same from the official website of Microsoft.
Old 09-01-2012

There could be virus issue on your system so you should download and install Malwarebytes on the computer. you should update with the latest version of Virus signature.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,