Thread: Is Microsoft Singularity next generation of Windows?

Is Microsoft Singularity next generation of Windows?

Well I was searching on the internet and found that Microsoft Singularity is going to be the next generation of operating system. I really wanted to know whether the thing which I have stated over here is true or false? Give me a brief idea about the same. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Is Microsoft Singularity next generation of Windows?

The Singularity project is experimental microkernel as well as operating system which developed from the Managed code. Also it is making use of static analysis so that we can have high dependability. It is also using Bartok compiler which is used to translate .NET Common Intermediate Language into the optimized native code.

I don’t think so it will be the next generation of windows. It is same as concept car. In fact they have developed operating system to get the idea how application and operating system can interact with each other. They are looking to available the RDK so that people can provide different ideas to enhance the concept and optimize the concept of the above mentioned operating system for future.

It has been developed from past many years by Microsoft and more than 40 researchers and interns are working on it. singularly is clearly a research project and it is an operating system which is not having user interface. But still I am wondering that it could be next version of Windows if Microsoft is looking to start from the scratch.