Thread: What is Microsoft Singularity?

What is Microsoft Singularity?

I was searching on the internet and I come to know about the word Microsoft Singularity. Can you tell me what do you mean by that? I really eager to know about the same. so feel free to post your comments over here.

Re: What is Microsoft Singularity?

You should know that Singularity is an experimental operating system which is developed by Microsoft. They have developed this particular operating system really dependable. Kernel, device drivers and all the application written in the managed code. I hope you are aware of the meaning of term Managed code.

Well this particular operating system is working on the microkernel. The previous version of the microkernels and all the component are supposed to executed into the same address process. This particular address process contains the software-isolated processes. Every single SIP is having their own data and code layout and it is totally dependent from the rest of all the SIP. They work as a normal process but it saves the cost of task-switches.

As far as working is concerned lowest level of x86 interrupt dispatched code is written into the assembly language as well as C. after executing of the that code it simply invokes the kernel. The runtime and garbage collector are written into Sing#. The hardware abstraction layer is written into C++ and into protected mode. Also there is C code which will useful for debugging. This particular operating system never invokes thee bios rather it invokes the device drivers which are written into Sing#.