Thread: Mail application not working in Mac OS X 10.6.6

Mail application not working in Mac OS X 10.6.6

This is really annoying to me as I don’t know what is happened to the Mail App in my system . just recently I have upgraded to the Mac OS X 10.6.6 , and everything was working completely fine on ot until I find out when I was tiring to open the mail I get freezes and nothing that I can do about it but to force Quit it or wait until its close off its own so anyone here can help me on this I would be really be appreciating this thanks in advance

Re: Mail application not working in Mac OS X 10.6.6

I have some what the similar problem after the upgrade when you start Mail.app has issue. it just stop working . Everything that I do did not help. What should I do? What may be the problem? Maybe some other version of Mail.app you can find a suitable? Tell me, please. Thank you.

This is wired and frustrating really, in fact on my MacBook Pro I have just upgraded and it does not have any problem do you have the proper version of mail app installed Version 4.4 (1082 ). What I suggest you is if you have the snow leopard disc then just reinstall the Mail app again and It may possibly also work with the use of the combo updaterall you have to do is just download the Mac OS X.6.6 Combo Updater and see the Version 4.4 builds 1082 that is the same on the my Mac Pro

First, make certain that the Mail app is placed in your Applications folder.

After that you need to Download as well as install the combo updater for OS X 10.6.6

Here's the correct download all you need to do just click here

Yeah I had this thing in the mind but I was wondering if the update has the Mail app Included what I suggest is you run the Software Update and see do the updater shows the Mail app as the one of the apps require to be updated as it look like you don’t have the latest version of mail app .

I checked it absolutely was there it was however still not opening with identical message and then put in the update from the link and currently there's NO mail application on my Mac anywhere! sorry however is there something i will do , this is driving me crazy!

Did you, maybe, move the Mail.app application itself out of it's default location in /Applications i.e., did you are trying and do some "house cleaning" or "organizing" of your Applications folder and move applications into totally different locations or subfolders

Yes..I've realized this was most likely a awfully poor plan currently once reading another threads however I moved it back before I did the update to the initial location within the Apps folder.

Never move something around within the /Applications folder. I notice that the folder itself will grow quite giant once putting in several programs, however you need to resist the urge to wash up and organize instead, use aliases and folders elsewhere on your drive to "organize" into the structure that you would like. The /Applications folder is meant to contain all of your apps, and isn't meant for you to dive into and organize that is what the Dock and aliases are for. Good luck,