Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 31-12-2011

Can I replace Lion with Snow Leopard

I have recently purchased the MacBook Air and that is having apple os x Lion install on that but I want to use the Snow Leopard and I am unsure that if it will be possible for me to install Snow Leopard over the Lion. So before giving this a try, I want to make it confirm that if this is possible from you people. I really don?t have any idea about this and have not heard anyone who have done this and so I am a bit unsure about this. I will be thankful if someone of you can reply me for this. Please reply.
Old 31-12-2011

Re: Can I replace Lion with Snow Leopard

No, this is not possible as far as I know. I am saying this because the new Macbook Air will be lacking the drivers for this and because of that only it cannot be replaced with the Snow Leopard. This restriction also applied to all the new 2011 model of Mac which are having the Lion installed already.
Old 31-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sijjo View Post
I have recently purchased the MacBook Air and that is having apple os x Lion install on that but I want to use the Snow Leopard and I am unsure that if it will be possible for me to install Snow Leopard over the Lion. So before giving this a try, I want to make it confirm that if this is possible from you people. I really don?t have any idea about this and have not heard anyone who have done this and so I am a bit unsure about this. I will be thankful if someone of you can reply me for this. Please reply.
I am not able to understand that what is the problem with the Lion. This is surely going to give you better performance as compared to leopard. Anyways, you cannot do that also. If you want o confirm that then it will be better for you if you contact to the Apple support.
Old 05-01-2012

Downgrading to leopard will be really a stupid thing to do. My suggestion to you is also to stick with the Lion only and that will be the best option for you. There is no point to downgrade now.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,