Thread: Cannot install OS X Lion on formatted mac

Cannot install OS X Lion on formatted mac

I have formatted my computer, earlier I was having the leopard and now I am thinking to install Lion and therefore, I purchased the OS X lion memory stick. When I tried to install that then that runs well for some time and then it shows me the message as problem under installing, please try again. It was not mentioned anything that can specify the problem. I tried to install that many of the times but that does not solved my problem. Can you tell me that what should I do to troubleshoot this issue or what is the reason for this problem.

Re: Cannot install OS X Lion on formatted mac

There might be some problem with the OS disk that you have bought and so that is not getting installed. You should go back and return that and get a new copy of that. This is the best thing that you can do for this.

The same thing happened to me earlier. So what I did is, installed the leopard first and that get installed without any problem and after one week I did the installation of Lion. I don't know that hat is the logic behind this but it worked for me. So if you want then you can also do it in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bala Murugan S View Post
    The same thing happened to me earlier. So what I did is, installed the leopard first and that get installed without any problem and after one week I did the installation of Lion. I don't know that hat is the logic behind this but it worked for me. So if you want then you can also do it in the same way.
    I have tried wit this as well but that is not working for me. I think that I will have to change the hard drive only and this is the only option left for me.

I think that it will be better for you if you contact to the apple support and ask this to them. They will tell you that what is the exact problem with this and what you should do nest. This is the only thing that I can recommend you for now.