Thread: Blue Screen, f8 wont work

JeronnieR Guest

Blue Screen, f8 wont work

My friends computer has a sort of blue screen and its very hazy, so I am unable to read the screen. the f8 thingy wouldn't work. What do i do?

Re: Blue Screen, f8 wont work

First of all can you please specify in details what is the operating system installed? What is the specifications of the computer or laptop does your friend has? Normally, you don't hold down F8 you tap it every second or less. Are you not at all able to boot to the desktop or if you could then can you go to start and then run and type msconfig. You should see several tabs across the top. One of them, when selected, has, in the middle of the page, a box you can check that says "Safe Boot", check that box, and then click Apply and Ok and it will prompt you to restart the computer.

JeronnieR Guest

The desktop is dell, o.s vista, and the screen is simply blue and black, the words are illegible. I did in fact tap the f8 tab probably over 20 times, and nothing happened.

The blue screen error can happen because of alot things, like for example faulty ram, drivers conflicting, etc. What is the make or model of this dell desktop, can you get a screenshot of the blue screen error and post it here. If you have the operating system disk, can you try to repair the desktop with same and see if the problem persists?

JeronnieR Guest

Well, I thought of that, but my friend took it to some computer technicians who said its a ram problem... I do not ave any other information as yet.

zahid_payel Guest

The major problem of All monitor is going Black after few second and no display. To identify this problem you must ensure the following:

- Your Monitor goes black after power-up.
    - Green light of Monitor is blinking to ensure monitor is power on.
    - No massage like "Input AGP/VGA"/ "No VGA/AGP Adapter" to ensure AGP/VGA card is properly installed and working.
    - It doesn't show BIOS window or any information just Dark/Black.

Now see the resolution after checking:

The power supply board inside your LCD monitor has 4 to 7 bad capacitors varies on Brand. Most likely, you've got defective capacitors on your power supply (invertor) board. Mine were bulging out their tops; this happens when the DEFECTIVE wet electrolyte drys out, gets very hot and creates gas that tries to escape. The result is drastically reduced capacitance, and ultimately a blank screen.