Thread: Upgrading to Lion leads to offline server

Upgrading to Lion leads to offline server

I have recently upgraded to the Apple OS X Lion and from then I am having some problem. Actually, I am not able to send the mails. I am having 16 mails in my inbox which are trying to send. I can see that the outgoing server is showing "offline". This is the first time that I am facing some issue like this and so cannot guess even a single solution for this. If somebody over here know that what is the culprit for this issue or how this can be resolved then please let me know that. I will be thankful for all the replies. Please reply as soon as possible. I am waiting for the replies.

Re: Upgrading to Lion leads to offline server

What you can do is, just remove and then replace your mail account. Once you are done with that then restart the device. Just check that if it makes any difference. If that does not make any difference then reply back and we will try to do it in some other way.

I think that the lion that you have installed is corrupted and for that reason you are having problem like this. So my suggestion to you is to install the Lion again. If this problem is due to corrupted operating system then this will solve that problem for you. But before going to this, you can try by resetting the settings of the mail to default and see if that can make any difference.

Here are some steps that you can follow in order to fix this problem.
    1. First, open the Mail Preferences.
    2. Now open the Account Tab
    3. Now, you have to choose 'Edit SMTP Server List' as of Outgoing Mail Server: pop up
    4. Open the Advanced Tab from the edit screen.
    5. Type the email account and password and then save.

First thing that you will have to make sure is that you have unchecked the "Use only this server" from each of the email account. This was the reason when I was getting similar problem earlier and it worked for me. So I am recommending you the same

I think that there is some problem with the upgrade process. so what you can 'do is, just downgrade that and once you are done with this then upgrade it again. Make sure that all the steps of the upgrade process get executed properly without any error.

I think that you should contact to the ISP provider that you are using and ask them about this. See how they can help you with this. If the problem is from their side then they will get it fixed or will let you know that what you have to do in order to solve this.