Thread: cannot install Ubuntu 11.10 (64)

cannot install Ubuntu 11.10 (64)

i was using windows operating system earlier but now i preferred to make use of ubantu and because of the virus safeguard utility in ubantu and a safe operating system i decided to have a install of it. however, I am trying to install Ubuntu 11.10 and it won't work and I don't have enough idea about that exact situation. i made attempt with its cd and with USB also but i dint succeed in that case. when I make an attempt to install from USB I get a black screen and when I try to install from CD it either gets blocked on Ubuntu logo or I occur with a graphic error. i don't know the exact situation in my case. can you sort it for me.

Re: cannot install Ubuntu 11.10 (64)

the first thing i should say is to try with the boot options. further to state, i will say that you should also make an attempt for the nomodeset option.it is possible for you that you will get some type of images. and after this you will come across some kind of hint or clue which will rather help in your processing.

yes, you're method was absolutely right. i went in the boot options and then made an attempt for the nomodeset option.but i occurred with the following error
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    ubi-language crashed
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ubi-language failed with exit code 141. Further information may be found in /var/log/syslog. Do you want to try running this again before continuing? If you do not, your installation may fail entirely or may be broken.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

after making several attempt it was stating this similar kind of message.

i think this occurred for the first time and i dint see this type of message for the language files being the actual cause for this purpose. i think something i wrong. i think you should have a check of the md5sum of your CD and it should be located somewhere besides the installation instructions on the site. i think after installation process (install+updates+mp3 soft) you should try that thing as it worked for me and there are no problems regarding this.

As i will state here that as you are making use of a 64 bit linux, make a download and have a install with the 64 bit installer. You are able to download the 64 bit installer from the CD, and this should solve your problem.

in my case, there were several changes made by me for booting from the cd at the time of trying to install it on my hard driver and i am unable to find the windows 7 os and the option which i have is to "erase disk" after i made a backup of my system i made a selection over erase disk then it requires something relating to a boot file and after all it is unable to get installed with error message something relating with "it cannot find how to get installed".

i will mention some basic steps for beginners.
    • first of all Download Ubuntu Linux 11.10
    • Burn your CD or create a USB drive
    • then try with the installation process.
    • Start the installation and thenn Choose the partitioning method according to your choice.
    • then simply complete the installation

i should say that , after you complete your installation Please reboot and login to your new Ubuntu desktop system . the next thing you need is to activate drivers. first activate your display drivers and then wireless and other drivers. make a activation of wireless drivers in addition when you see the "Additional Drivers" list.have a check over The keyboard and language settings . they will be OK but check them anyway. after thsi Refine your desktop. make a installation of support for multimedia formats.

i think when we concern error at the installation time then you should go for the ATI drivers, if it works as smooth as you want without the proprietary drivers, you can leave it this way.i can say additionally, by default that open-source drivers are made use, and it depends on your graphical card which will prove to be better in this case.possibly by making use of the proprietary ones will make it unnecessary of using the nomodeset option.

there will be some errors when you are making the installation next to windows operating system. i was also making use of both windows and Linux and found that there were problems with my Linux system. i don't know whether there were installation problems or windows didn't allowed it install. rather these days it has come that windows will not allow any other operating system to install but this is the case in greater versions of windows and i am now using windows XP.