Thread: Method to stop Apple OS X Lion running startup apps

Method to stop Apple OS X Lion running startup apps

I am running the Apple OS X Lion on my device but there is one feature in this that I don’t like. Actually whenever I start it then I found that there are many of the apps running at the startup and I don’t want it to be like this. Startup is also very slow and I think that this is because of this only. If we see the leopard then that is not opening these applications at the start. It starts some of the apps like safari, mail, Thunderbird, Firefox. Can somebody tell me some way to stop this.

Re: Method to stop Apple OS X Lion running startup apps

If you want to do that then just open the System Preferences and go to the panel for the Users & Groups icon and click the "Login Items" tab, You will see the applications that you have mentioned listed there. All you have to do is click on the button with the small minus sign from the bottom and that will remove them one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bala Murugan S View Post
    If you want to do that then just open the System Preferences and go to the panel for the Users & Groups icon and click the "Login Items" tab, You will see the applications that you have mentioned listed there. All you have to do is click on the button with the small minus sign from the bottom and that will remove them one by one.
    I am agree with this but other than this, you must also ensure that you have not choosen any of those applications as "Open at Login" option. If you want to ensure this then you will have to check for each of the applications.

Many of the people dont notice this that when you shut down that then it it will show you one checkbox and if you dont wish to open all your applications that you are running currently with the next startup. If you do not select that then that will obviously going to open on the next startup.

There is one more simple way to do that and that is you have to learn that how to quite the programs properly. If you want to close some program properly the just click on that program and click on the red "x" from the side. This will end the program completely. It is very necessary to close the programs properly if you do not wish to see that again on next startup.

Closing the program one by one or all at once will be temporary solution for you but if you wish to get this resolved permanently then you will have to remove all the applications which are put as the start up app and when you will do that then you will get that all there is no more app running in the device.

If those running apps are not creating any problem for you then there is no need to end them but if you get any performance issue then you can end the app which is consuming more memory.