Thread: Is Windows Embedded 7 supported with version of logitech windows software 2.10

sad Is Windows Embedded 7 supported with version of logitech windows software 2.10

I have recently installed the Windows Embedded 7 Operating System in my computer. I bought a Logitech C260 webcam and i was thinking that to install this webcam in my Operating System using the Logitech Windows Software 2.10 I have tried to have the video using the Quick Capture Tool but was unable to get any video. So I wanted to ask you guys that does the Is Windows Embedded 7 supports the version of the Logitech Windows Software 2.10? Can anyone help me in getting the proper solution? Any suggestions? Please help……….

Re: Is Windows Embedded 7 supported with version of logitech windows software 2.10

Most probably, I would tell you to re-install the Windows Embedded 7. Sometimes some drivers are not installed and due to this the problem occurs. Also you can upgrade the system and install the softwares in order to make your software run easily....

Re: Is Windows Embedded 7 supported with version of logitech windows software 2.10

Thanks for your comment. I have visited the Logitech Support and I have seen the specifications of the Logitech C260 webcam. It was really helpful. The software would run basically in the Windows 7 having the edition of the Windows Basic, Windows Home, Windows Pro, Windows Enterprise and Windows Ultimate. But as the Windows Embedded 7 is new edition but does not supports the software. I would be more appreciated if someone gives me some extra information about the Windows Embedded 7 but specific?
    Thank you in advance for the answers.…..

I would like to help you out of this problem. But first, i want to ask you something that, the problem which you are facing of the installation, does this problem persists when you try to install the webcam in the USB Video Class(UVC) Mode?

Finally, the webcam is started working. This is great. I have done this by creating the new Embedded image and when I selected all the options and started the webcam the results was that the webcam started working. When I created the new image then I tried with the profile called Application Profile to build in my first image. This option was not chosen by me before and that is the reason why the webcam was unable to work. You might have now understood that why the webcam wasn’t working. So by enabling all the options it is possible to start the webcam .
    And I would like to give you the answer for the question that you have asked above, The answer is I have not installed the webcam in the USB Video Class mode before the new image was built by the profile.
    The information which I got from you was really helpful and I am happy that someone was interested in my query….....

ThumbsUp Re: Is Windows Embedded 7 supported with version of logitech windows software 2.10

I am pleased that you answered to the question which i have asked to you. However, I am happy that you have now installed and started working with the webcam…..

unsure Re: Is Windows Embedded 7 supported with version of logitech windows software 2.10

I am too facing the problem that I am unable to start the webcam. I just want to ask you guys that is this possible that we can enable the webcam but not by creating the new image of Windows Embedded 7.
    Can anyone help me???
    Waiting for the suggestions…

I think that you should try with the hard reset of your computer system because this has helped me in solving the same problem. Either you can also re-install your operating system. I think this will fix the issue which you are having. Some of the drivers might have failed to install during the Operating System was get installed on your computer.... Try, I hope this helps you.....

smile Re: Is Windows Embedded 7 supported with version of logitech windows software 2.10

I don’t think that this is possible without creating a new Embedded image. I have try to do this many times but, the result was the failure and the webcam didn’t worked. You have to create the image by selecting the proper profile and then your webcam will be able to work properly….
    If you still have doubt then contact the Microsoft Support.

Even I tried without creating the new image and by observing the specifications I would tell you that it is not possible. You have to create the new image....The webcam software will only be able to run when the new image is created with the Windows Embedded 7. I think the developer team will come with the another solution soon….
    I think this was helpful to you…..