Thread: Windows 8 Developer Preview on sony vaio VPC Z

Windows 8 Developer Preview on sony vaio VPC Z

Last one month i used sony vaio VPC Z laptop and now i want to install Windows 8 Developer Preview on this laptop. Currently it running with Windows 7 Professional. I try to use another partition for installing the Windows 8 Developer Preview but trouble happens due to the Vaio Z being RAID. I need to configure this Configure RAID/JBOD. WIndows 7 already presents on C drive.

Re: Windows 8 Developer Preview on sony vaio VPC Z

I must say to you for don't make any unnecessary changes on your laptop. Simply try to use the VirtualBox software and install Windows 8 Developer Preview OS on your external storage device. In this external storage device you can simply use the Pen drive, external HDD or many other things. Hence use this software and install win 8 on it. its an beta version of win 8 and install well without any issue. Hence try this and check its result. This is well for you to fix your installation problem.

YOu can also Configure RAID/JBOD on the new sony vaio VPCZ1 SSD. RAID 0 provides faster read/write speeds and JBOD configuration support gain TRIM. Hence i would be say that just use this configuration based RAID 0 and JBOD for installing the windows 8 Developer preview on your laptop. Its well for you.

Currently i am running the windows 8 preview as my main OS on my SOny vaio VPC-Z. Hence i would be suggest to you for perform the clean installation task on your laptop. This is well for you to fix your problem. Try this and check its result. This is well for you to firdt remove all the partitions of the disk and then perform installation of the windows 8 on your laptop. that's it.

Yes, clean installtion is being necessary here. SO, i would be say here that first buy the win 8 developer preview disk and then perform formatting on your laptop ssd. After that make correct partitions with this laptop. After making this process, i would be say that try to perform installation of win 8 as per the guidance. This is well for you to fix your problem.

Virtual PC is a virtualization suite for Microsoft Windows operating systems. You can use this virutal PC. This Virtual PC is a program that emulates with all the windows based OS. It might be strongly possible here that using Virtual PC software you can access Windows 8 Developer Preview on your sony vaio VPC Z laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykant View Post
    Virtual PC is a virtualization suite for Microsoft Windows operating systems. You can use this virutal PC. This Virtual PC is a program that emulates with all the windows based OS. It might be strongly possible here that using Virtual PC software you can access Windows 8 Developer Preview on your sony vaio VPC Z laptop.
    If you want to configure your RAID and install this win 8, then first install Hyper-V on your system. It is particularly suited for remote sites. The real advantage of hyper-v is that it lets you do things on a massive scale. DO this either online or offline way. This is well for you to fix your windows 8 installtion problem. Use official site for downloading and installtion task. This is well for you to fix your complicated problem.

If you have a separate partition on your HDD/SDD, fine. Use it for installation of the windows 8 on your laptop. It fix your windows 8 installing problem. If not, definitely you need to perform the clean installation process here. make the partition on your drive and then install this windows 8. There will be no other solutions presents on this laptop.

I formatted my entire drive and install Windows 8. It works fine now and nothing wrong happen on it. I used the official copy of the windows 8 developer preview and must say that this will be not make any problem. But after accessing this win 8, i found that this is just beta version. It applies many restrictions for accessing number of features. Hence i would be say that you don't try to use the windows 8. Windows 7 is still best. wait for the full version of the windows 8.

using VirtualBox, you can try to install this Windows 8 on your pen drive. This is well for you to get the windows 8 with the windows 7 without using formatting. Don't try to do this raid configuration on this system. This is well for you to use it and check its result.