Thread: windows 7: "save target as" option is not working

windows 7: "save target as" option is not working

I am having a windows 7 platform compatible HP Compaq laptop, this I mainly used for the official and some of the home entertainment purpose. The problem with my machine is, after upgrade the machine into windows 7, a problem is encountered in my machine. Whenever I tried to save any photo from any web site, by right click on the “save target as” option, this option not exists, now allowed me to save the file into my machine. Is there any setting in the control panel for this saving option? Is there any one having any solution for this problem or ant tips for this issue?

Re: windows 7: "save target as" option is not working

As per my opinion regarding the problem that you mentioned in your post is might be caused for the registry editor. Either nay key is corrupted or missing, for that I recommend you to go through on process this will definitely helps you to solve the problem. Click on run command prompt under start menu, type and insert “regedit” and press on ENTER. This will open the registry prompt window, traverse the registry editor with the following registry key HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions (for Internet explorer). Under that check the parameter of the registry key is set on Browser save as option, along with that change the string value. If you are using internet explorer then the string value should be 0 or you I suggest you to delete that one.

I think the browser from where you are trying to save the file in your machine, might be any problem with that browser,. So for this I recommend you re-install the browser application program and along with that, remove all visual effects or the add-ins those are applied in the browser, because sometimes this type of problem might be occurs for the external visual effects. Go through this process, I hope this ill definitely helps you to resolve the issue.

Similar issue in my Dell machine, where I installed Mozilla Firefox and along with that I also using some of the browser plug ins. Yesterday while I tried to save an image file in my machine by right click on the image and select the save target as option, this does not allows me to save that file in my machine, it shows a pop-up message into the screen, the directory is missing from the machine. I tried to save other file in the same process, but this one also not allowed me to save by this process, what should I do? Searched everywhere for the solution, but found nothing. So I am here for getting any solution for this problem. Suggest me something to solve this problem.

Repair the browser application, this is completely browser cause, I am having an experience of this similar issue. After consult with a technical person and he suggest me to repair the browser application in my machine, this happened for that application. And after done this process the problem is solved, now there is no problem in my machine, I am able to save any file type in my system by the save target as option. So for repair the browser, you need to go into the control panel and from there open the program and feature. From the drop down list locate the application name and click on it, Select the repair option or this option will also appear if you run the installation program of the browser application. Try with this process, I hope this will definitely helps you to resolve the problem that you are facing.

Hi. I have got the same problem. I did system recovery, and after that the problem has appeared. "save target as" is not active and "print target" as well, as the same as "open in new tab" and "open in new window". but when I left click on a download link, a download window is opening but the progress is not starting, after 10 seconds a windows message appears: "Unable to download. Unable to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable ot cannot bo found. Please try again later."
    I have tried follow steps from Jackson2: "HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions (for Internet explorer)." But it did not help because in my registry this path exists only to "HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\ The are no Internet explorer folder.
    I have also tried to disable the content, but it was already disabled.
    Basicly I can not download anything from websites. My system is windows 7 and Internet Explorer ver. 8.0

Please help with some advise.
    Thank you.

I am suspecting that the Content Advisor on your system is switched on. So you have o go for Tools and then go for Options and go for Content and disable Content Advisor.
    Also you should go through the below mentioned link and let me know whether it is working or not.
    Unable to avail the "Save Target As" option

Content Advisor is switched off. Temporary internet files folder is empty, apart of one file, I can not delete it, acces is denied, strange, because I am the adwisor of computer.
    That path in registry: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions (for Internet explorer), I have checked.
    My path is like that: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates" or "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows"
    I think there is a virus, but McAfee did not detect anything and Norton as well. It is look like the only one way to get rid of taht problem is format all drives and instal win7 from beginning.

Can you tell me what results do you getting when you are using following browsers?
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Google Chrome
    • Opera

If everything is fine than you should change the browser rather than formatting your computer.

I couldn`t download mozilla to instal it. But I did it in system safe mode. Downloading is able when windows is on safe mode. When I launch mozilla, the window has open, and a long message straight after saying there is a problem... and only "ok" button to click on it. after that mozilla is not working.
    I did not try with google chrome, neither with opera. But I think there could be similar problems.
    I checked if I can repair browsers in control panel\programs and features, but nothing was to do. Internet explorer is not on the list of installed programs. "Repair" button was not able to use when mozilla highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by wookash View Post
    I couldn`t download mozilla to instal it. But I did it in system safe mode. Downloading is able when windows is on safe mode.
    Not able to download in normal windows ?? Strange problem. Well friend, their could be many problems for this, for example, problem might be the browser you using, might be some UAC restrictions (though you are admin), might be os problem and many more. To find out the exact problem you should try out some troubleshooting. Like as you said you dint tried with chrome or opera...just go with it and see if happening the same with these as well. This will clear out many doubts.