Thread: Getting RAID driver error after installing Windows 7 64bit

Getting RAID driver error after installing Windows 7 64bit

while i setup the WinXP with raid I press F6 during setup to load the raid drivers. but now i am going to setup Windows 7, where there is no possibility to press F6 to load drivers for a raid. Windows 7 has included all the necessary drivers, it is no longer necessary to load Raid? However, I think to myself if you use a controller for controlling the hard drives of old and new which is the way or the driver may be included in Win7, not at all how it works then? its giving me error message: No drives were found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation. anyone have any idea about this? how can i solve this?

Re: Getting RAID driver error after installing Windows 7 64bit

as you know that windows 7 supports raid and you have to install its driver at the time of the installation. It is supported on both System Drive and Non Drive system. at the time of installation you get one alternative which allow you to "Load Driver", you just download the RAID driver and place it in a USB drive Which lets Windows 7 to "load" it earlier than the installation.

software RAID does not runs for me on Windows 7. while I install second HDD and attatched it to SATA socket, in Disk Manager, there is an alternative of 'Add Mirror'. Both HDD's are of dynamic type. later than I run mirrors, the two partitions on two disks are giving error. I have attempted with system partition and Detached with simple volume.

In the case of software raid, the system recognizes the two drives mirrored HD. It handles two drives itself. In the event of hardware raid detects the attack, the two examiners mirrored HD drives and makes them available to the system as an HD drive before installing dar. / to be done, the system configuration of the raid array should be charging.

I've had several different ASUS boards, but it is more unique: it's only hardware-assisted software RAID. The main IO transfer goes through the normal SATA bus, normal main RAM is used, the CPU calculates the driver out of the barrels. so you can only have a RAID driver for your system. If the driver is screwed up, you are hosed.

I have already installed Windows 7, but it loads up does not occur if I set the tester to RAID by the BIOS. While in RAID mode, I was able to create a mirrored set of HDDs 2 and 3, and in AHCI mode Windows7 seems to recognize them as one faultless drive. RAID is a superset of AHCI - I do have even set the tester to RAID mode? I've read that you need to install Windows7 while in RAID mode, so it forces the RAID drivers to install. Yet he seems to work without this. I'm not sure if it is software or hardware RAID.

after I looked up in wikipedia, it is for me probably a software raid. The whole thing is created by the RAID BIOS on the motherboard. I had to reinstall Windows two times in the past few days again. After two installations, the raid was flawed. after every Windows installation I have to setup the raid again and again. Mind you I install Windows on the raid but not on the primary hard drive has nothing to do with the raid.