Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Ubuntu running with Intel Sandy Bridge

Operating Systems

Old 17-12-2011

Ubuntu running with Intel Sandy Bridge

anyone heard about this? Ubuntu running with Intel Sandy Bridge. i just heard they are testing with graphics and all. and just tell me which is best motherboard that work with Intel Sandy Bridge. so if anyone has any idea about this than please help me for this.

Old 17-12-2011

Re: Ubuntu running with Intel Sandy Bridge

Ubuntu 10.04 is too old for the integrated graphics of the new Intel Core CPUs use. Though it is already, only then will the framebuffer driver instead of the Intel-accelerated graphics driver is used. This then the hardware-accelerated OpenGL completely flat. An updated version of the graphics driver offer already in quite a while, and version 2.15 is also "Sandy Bridge" setting. But unfortunately not enough to get Comprise to work. For this Mesa is required in version 7.10. Ubuntu delivers 10:04 but only the version 7.7 work.
Old 17-12-2011

Both the next kernel v 2.6.32-22 and -33 can be launched, but then crashes in ubuntu operating system from within the shortest possible time, what went wrong, would like to know the correct driver from you with video output. By the way, I had taken during the initial installation also a black screen and have the tip in another site.
Old 20-12-2011

this was probably my first real disaster thing, after the installation of the driver, its crashing constantly, so I've decided to clean install (dual boot winxp + lucid). I then tried to get an iso run from here to (Ubuntu 10.04.4-855GM), but after the black screen selection menu, and have the ego with the live cd normalne tried i915.modeset = 1 variant, you can begin installation, but middle of black screen with Grafikfehelermeldung that is correct.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,