Thread: Medion Akoya notebook with Ubuntu

Medion Akoya notebook with Ubuntu

i am actually new linux user and dont know much about linux. i am just trying to setup Ubuntu in my Medion Akoya notebook. but as i said, i am new with this OS. so i am not understand how can i do this. i just search on google and found many sites but cant get proper help. so i just here to know about this. and one more thing i concern with wireless things. i dont know wireless device will work in linux or not. so please if anyone has any information about this than please provide me the solution.

Re: Medion Akoya notebook with Ubuntu

I bought a medion akoya 10 "that mounts as a wireless card rt2860 who do not want to hear it working. maybe it's the same one that fits the eeepc. I think. I installed ubuntu 8.04 and everything is ok except for this access. I went on the site of Ralink and I downloaded these drivers for linux, in which it is understood that for my chips. I do not know how to make them work. almost two files, a txt file and a bin. some of you must know how to work.

it took me a while to understand and find all the information you need, and now I describe what I did. I would write because I noticed that there is virtually nothing on this driver. then download the drivers rt2860, open terminal, which by default comes into home, and that for example in my case is abc. then take this home as an example. unzip it on the home / abc, then type:

Code:
    tar xvjf 2008_0918_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.8.0.0.tar.bz2
    enter the folder:

Code:
    cd 2008_0918_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.8.0.0
    config.mk open the file located in / home/abc/2008_0708_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.7.0.0/os/linux / with the command:

Code:
    sudo gedit / home/abc/2008_0918_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.8.0.0/os/linux/config.mk
    and change the lines:

Code:
    # Support wpa_supplicant 
    HAS_WPA_SUPPLICANT 

Native Support for Network wpasupplicant # Maganger 
    N = HAS_NATIVE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_SUPPORT
    and in place of "n" mettette the final "y" in this way:

Code:
    # Support wpa_supplicant 
    HAS_WPA_SUPPLICANT = y 

Native Support for Network wpasupplicant # Maganger 
    HAS_NATIVE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_SUPPORT = y
    save and exit.

I wanted to make two clarifications. One is that this guide is good for all wireless cards integrated rt2860 on ubuntu. second is that in reality the Medion Akoya E1210 is equipped with the chip rt2790, but no matter, because the drivers are for both chips.

I bought a Medion Akoya E1210 at an attractive price because I wanted to install Linux Ubuntu and begin a new adventure with an operating system for unknown. After installing Ubuntu with relative ease, now, the wireless card was not found by the system. I asked to place lights Packard, which did not even design to say bad. Not only that, I also tried to register but the serial number written on the laptop, the manufacturer is non-existent. Thanks for your detailed explanation are able to operate the card in question and believe me you can not imagine how much satisfaction I'm trying.

I've installed it on my friend's notebook from Medion Akoy 2008 Ubuntu 9.10. They needed for some games like Frozen Bubble and printing. The installation of the printer (Canon Pixma MP160) works without problems on the GNOME printer configuration. Now to the report: From the start, operate wireless, webcam, sound, card reader, Bluetooth, DVD burner, and special keys. The installation of the NVIDIA graphics driver went through the hardware drivers option in the management system smoothly. Only DVB-T not done his service immediately.

I've tried Ubuntu on a same device my experience with it: 10:04 gave error messages during installation: "APT repositories could not be installed." A cable connection to the Internet existed. Later Wlan while but then after a new boat but not more. The connection to the wireless router was running in a loop.

WiFi goes smoothly with the new kernel. What's not is: a) Bluetooth b) the internal mic c) Stand-off: If you drive down the computer, then it turns itself off, but the next time it runs only briefly, until then off again. that goes into standby seems to erstrmal be fine, but when you wake, that schlatet off and then on again. Then its hangs. d) the plug an external monitor does not work. Is important but, because the notebook has a place under the desk and is always operated in an external device (mouse, keyboard, screen).

regulate the terminal, but it only roars. My friend uses an external headset for Internet calling, and make it work. Also have that problem that when you turn on the laptop, it shuts down again, and you have to turn back. Because the external screen: If you've enabled the Nvidia drivers under System, Administration, Hardware Drivers, go to system time, system administration, NVIDIA X Server Settings. There you go to menu point X Server Display Configuration to configure an external screen.

if i talk about the laptop than, the latest notebooks and Aldi - has Medion Akoya E6224 netbooks to function even Fast Boot installed. If you hold down when starting the notebook, the F9 key, the notebook will boot in 13 seconds in an Ubuntu Linux environment. There you will find Mozilla Thunderbird as an e-mail program, Google Chrome browsers, the Nautilus File Manager, which you can also access the My Documents in Windows, and Messenger and links to Facebook and Twitter.