Thread: Side-by-side scrolling not working in Windows 8

Side-by-side scrolling not working in Windows 8

I am not sure about the official name of this. But I want some of yours suggestion on this. How do you like Windows 8 Side Scrolling interface. It is like clicking on the side arrow icon and you can view more thumbnails apps. It is looks really nice to see at first, but to start the same is a bit confusing especially for those who are use to Windows 7 and Windows XP. At first I was not able to locate the desktop but luckily found it. It is innovative approach and this suites best to touchscreen system. There are possibilities that future monitors will be touchscreen. I had installed some games and can see the icons on the desktop. What issue occurred to me is that sometime left scrolling does not work at all. Is this happening to any other also. Is it a bug or there are some settings in the backside to enable it.

Re: Side-by-side scrolling not working in Windows 8

For getting use to Windows 8 you can optimize it by disabling maximum features. Microsoft surely plans to make it more better by giving a scrolling desktop, but this interface really become complicated. The performance is very poor. Windows 7 in that case is much more optimized and better and it gives user full support to do as many customization as he want. Windows 8 needs better hardware support. It is not made for regular systems. About the left scrolling stuff it is not a bug it works fine in my system. Check the Metro UI settings.

I have some list of keyboard shortcuts for Windows 8 which I think can help you to deal with the issue. The swipe stuff on Windows 8 new interface works left right. You can control that by your mouse scroll also. Below are some keyboard shortcut.
    • Press Windows key + Q to run application search.
    • Press Windows key + W to find settings of system
    • Press Windows key + F to initiate file search
    • Press Windows + I for configuring settings.
    • Press Windows + O to see a Clock.
    • Press Windows + C to get the Start Menu.

This can be due to some kind of registry issue. I t is possible to disable the scrolling feature from registry. Basically it can be a but also. Because I am also trying to find customization settings for Metro UI.

It is possible to tweak the Metro UI with a help of tool. This tweaker tool allows you to manipulate the settings of current Windows desktop. There are some numbers of tools for the same. Like the Metro UI Tweaker. A very simple tool which allows you to disable and enable stuff on the screen. You can disable Metro UI also with this tool. There is another tool called MetroController which allows you to easily switch to classic start menu. The tradition look for Windows 7.

I had also not able to find the settings to configure Metro UI. There is nothing mentioned on the any site. Mostly it looks default feature of Windows 8. Check with the keyboard that right and left scrolling works or not. It should work. Or else your system is freezing after using some while. When you use the swiping stuff you can see a scroll bar below. You can use that also for right and left scrolling. Till yet there are no better udpates provided and also this one is the not the only final version of Windows 8. You can wait back to get more better updates which might fix your issue.

It is not a bug. There is a issue with your system. And I had tried my best to find the settings of Metro UI but nothing is mentioned.

Check the control panel. The control panel has maximum settings for the personalization. Surely Microsoft had added something over there which you can view. When you enter check the different categories. Settings are divided on the base of categories in it.