Thread: How to proceed with Wacom Intuos4 on Ubuntu

How to proceed with Wacom Intuos4 on Ubuntu

While we are more than confident that Wacom tablets in addition to being an excellent tool and work under Microsoft Windows operating systems and Mac OS did not have in mind that it would work correctly without making additional installation in Ubuntu / Linux. so anyone have any idea how can i work with this in ubuntu?

Re: How to proceed with Wacom Intuos4 on Ubuntu

The truth is I was trying USB cable. I find out if there is wireless version. If not official Fedora than the audio went wrong and when the tablet back we realized that was wrong. If you watch the other videos you will see that it is not. An error can have any and most important here is that the tablet works on Linux.

the audio of what I think is not important, I make out of a big hurry and I plan to buy a medium Intuos only one question I get the sense that about wireless, it seems that it is the wireless, that the plan to use in a fedora 15, a macbook pro and a windows 7, to calibrate the precision, I think it is in editing, preferences, input devices.

Unfortunately my Ubuntu does not handle the pressure of my pen on my tablet. I am very interested in the Intuos4 tablet. But the price is a little scary. Before better reflect and see me run, I wonder if the community would return to the tablet and if all is well managed by my dear and loving Ubuntu. Already negative, no drivers available on the website of Wacom tablet for this. In short before I start, if other people have made the jump, I'd be a buyer for the feedback.

Ubuntu 9.04 Unfortunately have the 8.2.2 driver. So you have to actually compile. For now I could not, I will try to follow the directions. The tablet itself is definitely worth it! The pressure sensitivity is incredible finesse (with 2048 pressure levels). The ergonomics are almost perfect, only complaint keys are a bit hard for my taste. I have an Intuos4M, which corresponds roughly to the surface of an A5.

I recently installed Ubuntu version 10.04, and I am very happy with its minimalist style, I am considering taking the plunge in total to linux, but I have a problem I still trying the Vista, Wacom Intuos4 pen tablet, connect it and it works, but only as if it were a mouse, and levels of pressure and better tablet buttons, which is totally unusable. wacom drivers need not provide them, and not any guide to use it properly. Also if anyone likes graphic design and used this tablet.

I have looked around a lot, and I found a bit info. However, I have found some udeful guides, and many of them contradict each other, so I decided to post here. My friend ordered a Intuos 4, and of course as the operating system uses ubuntu 9.10. I read that with this tablet karmic should be recognized, however, not clear to me how to configure the buttons.