Thread: eGalax touchscreen setup not working in Ubuntu Lucid

eGalax touchscreen setup not working in Ubuntu Lucid

I can not configure the touch screen of my laptop. Before updating the system touch worked perfectly, but now not anymore. when I press the screen the cursor will "teleport" in the upper left (I think they are the coordinates 0:0) and if I hold down keeps moving between where I pressed the point X and say what makes me think that the drivers are recognized. please someone give me hand.

Re: eGalax touchscreen setup not working in Ubuntu Lucid

I opened the configuration screen and screen calibration points in 4.9 0 25. I made all, but nothing! not calibrated! So I tried to reinstall all the drivers, but nothing the same! moreover the site egalax drivers have been updated and then the various procedures for installation are different from how long ago did, but there is a fantastic setup.sh that does everything which even writing in my xorg.conf and does the same as me.

I recently bought the samsung netbook touchscreen NB30 and I immediately installed Ubuntu. I have no idea on how to calibrate the touchscreen, but I know that if I touch the screen viewing my PC behaves almost like yours: the teleports in the upper left does not move from there. so I assume that Ubuntu feels that the screen is touch, but do not know where my finger. Having said that I have not done anything to configure the touch screen (touch screen in the place where I tried downloading the software, which now i can not remember the name.) because I do not know how to do it.

Yesterday I have installed Ubuntu Lucid Lynx Shuttle X50 on a touch screen (eGalax). To really get this to work, drivers are proprietary and therefore require an xorg.conf. The setup of the manufacturer even requires a valid configuration, which is then overwritten. So I have done exactly the same steps, / root / xorg.conf moved to / etc/X11 and then start x.org.

it was found that the configuration of the automatically generated configuration file is different from that configuration, which is practiced in the absence of configuration. The backlight of the display was quite dark and the software-based brightness control had no effect. I could create, in which I removed and re-created the xorg.conf in / usr/lib/X11/xorg.d / a new file with the required config snippets. Next I had to neuter yet there are already existing evdev configuration, as it would interfere with the function of the touch screen.

I try the whole evening had to recalibrate my touchscreen. The touch screen is connected via VGA and USB. I'm using Ubuntu 8.10. The problem is that (calibrate system-> Administration-> touch) the touch screen with the Ubuntu software calibrate. Then I reboot. The mouse pointer is always 2cm above and 2cm on the left side of my finger. Well, I tried the values for the calibration directly entered in the xorg.conf. That works well. Then yes you have to write the new device in the server layout section. But unfortunately there is Ubuntu 8.10 xorg.conf no longer available.

I'm looking at / etc / evtouch / config encountered. Where the values which are always entered by the calibration. Oddly, not only does the Y-axis. The X-axis is perfect (no idea why that fits on one). But now when I change the values and Ctrl + Alt + Backspace press, then starts the X server again. But the changes are not accepted. The config is seemingly ignored.

The configuration is done via files in / usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendors. The adjustments were carried out there may have files in / etc / hal / fdi / policy to be adjusted. So check out /10osvendors the appropriate file, for example, copy the file to / etc / ... / policy and the values which change as you need them. In the xorg.conf should the calibration values that are by no means.

There is a USB touch controller eGalax Inc. and I'm trying to get the evtouch driver to work. Unfortunately, only the Y direction correctly. X has a weird behavior. The upper left quarter is correct. Point the mouse in the other quarters which is slanted. There seems to be X or Y swapped.