Thread: how to setup /proc/acpi/wakeup in ubuntu

how to setup /proc/acpi/wakeup in ubuntu

i am using Ubuntu and here i am trying to get my machine to wake up after a suspend, but i am not understand how this is possible? i mean i cantget any solution or any way to do this. i know there are lots of way to this. but i really dont know about this. so please if anyone has any idea about this than please help me to setup this.

Re: how to setup /proc/acpi/wakeup in ubuntu

here something which i found for you. If the PC is in spite of "ethtool-s eth0 want g" do not wake up take a look at / proc / acpi / wakeup is helpful. A cat / proc / acpi / wakeup showed the following:

Code:
    Device Sleep state Status
    PCI0 4 disabled PCI0 4 disabled
    COM1 4 disabled COM1 4 disabled
    ... ...
    The device may vary depending on network card called differently. The onboard network card on nVidia MCP51 (nForce4) is called as "MMAC". Information is "cat / proc / acpi / wakeup"

Code:
    Device S-state Status Sysfs node
    ... ...
    MMAC S5 enabled pci:0000:00:14.0 MMAC S5 enabled pci: 0000:00:14.0   
    ... ...

If WOL does not work still, so you can view the contents of the "virtual" file / proc / acpi / wakeup.

Code:
    Device	S-state	  Status   Sysfs node
    HUB0	  S5	 disabled  pci:0000:00:06.0
    XVR0	  S5	 disabled  pci:0000:00:0f.0
    [...]
    AZAD	  S5	 disabled  pci:0000:00:06.1
    MMAC	  S5	 disabled  pci:0000: 00:08.0
    It is apparent that WOL is for all devices ("devices") are disabled! Ein Vergleich der Device-Nummern mit A comparison of device numbers with "lspci". here can identify the affiliation of MMAC to wired network interface. Enabled one to test with the command

Code:
    echo -n MMAC | sudo tee /proc/acpi/wakeup
    WOL found out just for the device. On your own computer you have to specify the "device" to adapt.

I just change the configuration, and I now have a keyboard and a USB mouse, PS2 and so on. The wakeup is enabled in the bios but as before tapping the space bar on keyboard does gives nothing. I searched, it seems that work on the file / Proc / acpi / wakeup where almost it is "disabled". How to pass "Enabled"? A # echo USB2> / proc / acpi / wakeup example sends me an error "the file already exists." Is this the right way?

I would have to change the wakeup file to my server boots up again by WOL, but apparently a bug or something and every time I want to save my changes, it gives me the following error: E677 Fsync failed. Now I have the file wakeup times simply copied to a directory on which I can use my winpc and have the changes written to the editor. When I look at the file now in the directory: / mnt / data area / first volume, then everything fits. I now try to copy the changed wakeup file in the folder / proc / acpi following happens:

Code:
    [Root @ dhcppc5 Ab] # cp wakeup / proc / acpi / wakeup
    cp: overwrite `/ proc / acpi / wakeup '? j j
    [Root @ dhcppc5 Ab] # cp wakeup / proc / acpi / wakeup
    cp: overwrite `/ proc / acpi / wakeup '? y y
    [Root @ dhcppc5 Ab] #
    But then when I look at the original file in / proc / acpi / wakeup look has not changed, so I tried it with a difference

It will not be a one time thing and I would advise you to you first with the procfs deal before trying again as an editor answer it. The / proc / acpi / wakeup is created when you load the ACPI modules and these are a special file that is not a "real" file. Therefore, one can only with this 'echo' manipulate. The next time you reboot it is loading the modules set up again. Therefore you have to give your echo command in the boot process so "fit" must.