Thread: Ubuntu in Asus K52 or Asus A52

Ubuntu in Asus K52 or Asus A52

Hello friends here i have several problems in Asus K52 / Asus A52. i dont know from where i can start. touchpad hotkey working, have sound problem, unable to mute the speaker when headphones are plugged in. image upside down in webcam and there are lots of other thing happend with Asus K52 / Asus A52 with Ubuntu. anyone else have any problem with this? please if anyone found anything which help me to solve this problem than please provide me.

Re: Ubuntu in Asus K52 or Asus A52

To solve your speaker problem just download and install the alsa-driver-linuxant and after installing it just restart. now i guaranteed you that speakers should mute while headphones are connected and any other problem related to sound should be solve.

i solve the webcam issue. i just search for the same and found one code which may be helpful in your case also. so just try this code:

Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libv4l/ppa && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
    just run this command and you get great settings here.

To disable the touchpad just try this: " xinput set-prop "ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse" 125 0 ". this help in my case. but here i have some problem with alsa drivers, After a reboot I get new channels in alsamixer, as well new hardware in the pulseaudio volume applet. actually i have four input sources, and any of them is not functioning, so my microphone ineffective now.

here i have some solution for your battery problem. if you battery is not working properly and want to improve so you just check what cpu governor you are utilizing, run this on a terminal:

Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor
    just change the output as "ondemand" if it is "performance"

i think you have to try the hda-verb program to get the speakers muting. it should make the steps somewhat simple. I installed both, its actually works good after I would removed the hda-verb binary.

i must say that, i cant check my battery last position, but if you listen music, have high screen resolution and high use of processor than its obviously gets bellow three hours of use. and if i talk about the touchpad than, after using the touchpad I attempted gpointing device settings, but its not work good toadjust the scroll speed.

here i get the simple solution to get the wireless led turned off and for this youno needto modify any previous files. just create the 2 files to get the calculator button working. get the event with "acpi_listen" and providing an action to it. so while I push it, nothing takes place, but while I push some other key, gcalctool opens.

I just newly get the Asus K52 with Ubuntu Maverick. With Lucid the speakers did not mute while I putin the headphones, but I could solve this trouble with the pinsensed daemon. at present, in maverick I cant get sound from headphones. In alsamixer the S/PDIF is zero, but I cant raise the volume. i really not understand what can i do here.

I think pinsensed is not more useful for sound card. The alternative hp-laptop is perfect for sound card, and if you want the internal microphone, you can use the patch.