Thread: Ubuntu on ASUS AT3IONT-I DELUXE motherboard

Ubuntu on ASUS AT3IONT-I DELUXE motherboard

i just wish to run Ubuntu on ASUS AT3IONT-I DELUXE motherboard. i really want to hear that its is possible. anyone have any idea about this? please if anyone has any idea and have any experience to do this than please help me. and if youwant any further information about my plans or about my spec than please ask me. and thank you in advance for any futher help.

Re: Ubuntu on ASUS AT3IONT-I DELUXE motherboard

I'm getting an AC adapter model from Asus. Asus AT3IONT-I Deluxe uses the CPU of the Atom330, chipset is ION. Expansion, PCI-1 is Ex16, with four SATA, BlueTooth, wireless LAN and wired LAN is enabled 1000M Wifi, Display, D-Dual display is available with two HDMI ports and Sub, power supply, AC Using the adapter comes with a remote control. This is all solid capacitors, all-solid capacitor is more resistant to thermal models no longer use. If you use all solid capacitor which is the best long.

Like all motherboards based on NVIDIA's ION platform AT3IONT-I Deluxe clearly is intended for use in home theater type. Indeed its processor double heart 1.6 GHz and GeForce 9400 M graphics chipset running at 450 MHz are able to decode most HD stream even 1080p. But AT3IONT-I Deluxe does not stop there. In fact, this motherboard comes with a remote control with IR receiver and an external power 90 Watts. Added to this is also a bluetooth receiver and a compatible WiFi. This motherboard even has a PCI-Express 16x capable of hosting a dedicated graphics card or other expansion card in PCI-Express. which is great running for ubuntu.

Any one have any idea how can i work irda with lirc? some of the buttons working with the MythTv but not all of them. i actually want to male my own config file to run any remotei wish for, but i cant able to do it. its not working for me. i am trying to find the solution for this, i am even try to search the drivers and i also dont know where this device is located.

Everything is planned to build around this motherboard a great HTPC. It may be silent due to its passive cooling, but for AC, it will take a well-ventilated box. HD video actually runs very well at 1080p. The 4-port SATA can make a good storage server, in short, a small machine to do it all and does it well!

In principle, the ASUS deluxe AT3IONT-i is quite well supported. The remote control is not necessary to install lirc. But then not all the same keys are used. PJ7 Ubuntu has created a package that contains a driver for the remote control, supports all the keys. The buttons can be freely assigned.

why the remote control will not operate at 11.04, although I have done everything. Incidentally, I have Bluetooth disabled in the BIOS, I do not need. I thought this would be the setting for the remote control?

I get the revo which is not somehow to get to standby power to USB ports. I have a MCE remote HAMA. I remember a previous installation, where it has gone, that I could wake up the remote with the REVO. In the Bios I have everything set, wakeup with USB, but neither radio nor the keyboard FB get power when the device is in readiness. Plan was now the first, sometimes all USB ports on the REVO to get power. Oddly enough, when I plug in USB, and again starts to creat, while I can not locate the activated USB0.

I just got a new motherboard: at3iont the asus-deluxe and I would attempted to use XBMC as a media player. it's years since I use a linux OS. I'm reading around a lot but I still have doubts: I saw on the Xbmc site that there is a live distro: Once tested the gaming, you can install directly to hard disk or where you install a minimal Ubuntu distro and then install xbmc? I also saw that there is a freak xbmc live specially created ion for the cards.

i have attempted the whole things to setup lirc and the remote but the 8 special buttons do not work. I just run EventGhost to state the keycodes. It is states 4 interfaces, specify for all specific button group. next interface is for the main buttons and the raw data reveal somewhat huge numbers as keycodes.